Babolat launches global Facebook game
Babolat announces the launch its new online game: “Babolat Play & Connect: The Game.” From October 11 to December 11, fans can log onto Babolat’s Facebook application, apps.facebook.com/babolatplayconnect, to play the game and possibly win the opportunity to do an advanced play test of the first interactive racquet, “Babolat Play & Connect.” This original and innovative global contest is open to tennis lovers around the world. Five winners will be selected, one from each of these geographies: Americas, Europe, Asia, Oceania and Africa. Play and enter the tennis of the future!
This past May at Roland-Garros, Babolat presented the prototype of the first interactive racquet, “Babolat Play & Connect,” with organized demonstrations by amateur and professional players including Rafael Nadal (SPA) and Jo-Wilfried Tsonga (FRA). Designed for all tennis players from beginners to intermediates to professionals, the “Babolat Play & Connect” racquet now offers everyone concrete information about their game: click on the link (youtube.com/watch?v=87zwKGTfnw4), to discover the “Babolat Play & Connect” universe!
Phase 1: 100% digital and innovative game to engage the Babolat community
From October 11 to November 11, 2012, Babolat invites all tennis fans to participate in the first phase of “Babolat Play & Connect: The Game” for a chance to do an advanced play test of the first interactive racquet, “Babolat Play & Connect.” The game will unfold in two phases.
In the first phase, players register on Babolat’s Facebook application, (apps.facebook.com/babolatplayconnect, and can invite their friends to participate. The more participants join in the game, the more exciting the prizes will become!
- If 2,500 fans participate, winners will have the chance to test the “Babolat Play & Connect” racquet, a worldwide exclusive before the racquet is commercialized in 2013!
- With 5,000 participants, winners will discover the heart of the “Babolat Play & Connect” technology and be able to meet and greet the creators of the “Babolat Play & Connect,” a unique experience to unlock the secrets of this interactive racquet.
- If the number of participants reaches 7,500, winners will be awarded a head-to-toe Babolat tennis outfit, no better way for testing out the racquet of the future.
- If 10,000 participants get involved, a coach will also offer a personalized and detailed game analysis of each of the five winners, nothing like it for rapid improvement.
Phase 2: Challenges determine who will get to test the new “Babolat Play & Connect” racquet, a worldwide exclusive
The second phase of the game will start November 12, 2012, with a real challenge for Babolat fans. For one month, players can respond to an online quiz on Babolat’s Facebook page. Questions about the brand or the “Babolat Play & Connect” universe will be asked every three days over the course of the month (until December 11, 2012). Consistency, speed and accuracy will be necessary for responding to all the questions.
Bonus points will be awarded for fan involvement and commitment to Babolat on social networks.
The 20 players from each of the key geographies who earn the most points will go to the finals. Among the 100 selected participants, five winners (one per key geography) will be randomly drawn to have the chance to come and test the first interactive racquet, “Babolat Play & Connect,” in a secret location, to be revealed upon winning.
Created in 1875, in Lyon, France, Babolat is the longest-running international company specialized in tennis. Today, Babolat is number 1 in tennis racquet sales in the United States, Japan, France, Spain, and Italy. Family-run for five generations, Babolat is an innovative brand in the tennis sector providing complete equipment for tennis players: racquets, strings, shoes, balls, bags, apparel, and accessories. Babolat equips numerous tennis players with racquets and strings including Rafael Nadal (SPA), Kim Clijsters (BEL), Jo-Wilfried Tsonga (FRA), Li Na (CHN), Andy Roddick (USA) and Julien Benneteau (FRA) (these last two also play with Babolat tennis shoes).
Website: babolat.com - Facebook.com/Babolat
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- Anne Krupp Memorial Scholarship
- Kudla takes 'Young Guns Contest'
- ATP renews agreement with Tennis Channel
- Edberg honored with Hall of Fame Ring
- TGA launches Minneapolis franchise
- Wilson launches Ultra racquet
- Pala receives Fed Cup Award
- Murray launches new Radicals
- Czechs to take on Russia in Fed Cup
- Live season-ending championships