2012 Wimbledon Finals
New York, NY — SRO Sports is proud to announce the DVD release of the 2012 Wimbledon: The Men’s and Women’s Finalsavailable on November 13, 2012.
The Wimbledon 2012 Men’s Singles final was always going to be a historic final, regardless of the result.
On one side of the net, Andy Murray, the first British man to reach a Wimbledon Singles final in 74 years and vying to become the first British champion since Fred Perry in 1936. But on the other side of the net loomed one of the greatest players of all time, Roger Federer, who, should he win, would equal Pete Sampras’ record of seven Wimbledon Men’s Singles titles.
The Wimbledon 2012 Ladies’ Final saw Serena Williams take on Agnieszka Radwanska. Radwanska made her first appearance in a Grand Slam Final and became the first Polish woman to reach the Wimbledon Ladies’ final in 75 years.
On Center Court Williams raced to a 5-0 lead, on her way to winning the first set 6-1. After a short rain delay, Williams was quickly back into her stride taking a 3-1 lead and it looked on course to be one of the shortest Ladies’ Finals in Wimbledon history. But then Radwanska rediscovered her form and the 23 year old broke back twice to win the set 7-5, in front of a vocal crowd.
The third and deciding set began evenly, but Williams broke at 3-2 and didn’t look back, breaking again and taking the set 6-2 to claim her 14th Grand Slam Singles title and her first in two years.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- Davis Cup tickets to go on sale Dec. 6th
- ASBA releases informative video
- Tennis Channel to rebroadcast French Open
- SGI, PHIT America announce 'Challenge'
- NYJTL honors Tennis Channel and Solomon
- Mylan WTT relocates; Roddick to star on team
- TGA Premier Youth Tennis launches 22nd franchise
- Ashaway named the Official String of PTR
- eBay Hire joins PTR
- Ashaway to sponsor junior squash tournament