Wilson and Tennis channel ring NASDAQ's bell
CHICAGO — Wilson Sporting Goods Co. President Chris Considine, along with Tennis Channel Chairman and CEO Ken Solomon and Wilson player Melanie Oudin, rang the NASDAQ Opening Bell remotely today from the US Open at Arthur Ashe Stadium in Flushing Meadows, New York. Wilson, the leading manufacturer of ball sports equipment, is the official ball and stringer of the US Open.
“For Wilson, the US Open is an incredibly special time of the year. Not only does this respected event ignite New York’s passion for tennis, it also commands a global stage for players and devoted fans,” said Considine. “We love welcoming and directly engaging with consumers and our customers at our on-site store, while supporting our outstanding athletes. Ringing the Opening Bell with Melanie and our Tennis Channel partner is a great way for us all to celebrate this incredible tournament.”
Georgia-native Oudin won the hearts of thousands at the 2009 US Open when she became the youngest American Grand Slam quarterfinalist since Serena Williams at the Open in 1999.
Wilson’s newly renovated on-site retail store outside Arthur Ashe stadium features Wilson apparel and gear for Fall ’12, including the popular, oversized Wilson tennis ball, with more than 500 sold daily on site.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- Venus leads U.S. Fed Cup team
- adidas shows creativity defines athletes
- Couchmans advised ITF on BNP Paribas renewal
- Longoria starts 2016 with a win
- PowerShares announces player fields
- Drysdale partners with Cincinnati TC
- Sinclair to acquire Tennis Channel
- Tennis CoachEd gets boosts
- USPTA extends NetKnacks partnership
- PlaySight partners with Tennis Media Company