Wilson and Tennis channel ring NASDAQ's bell
CHICAGO — Wilson Sporting Goods Co. President Chris Considine, along with Tennis Channel Chairman and CEO Ken Solomon and Wilson player Melanie Oudin, rang the NASDAQ Opening Bell remotely today from the US Open at Arthur Ashe Stadium in Flushing Meadows, New York. Wilson, the leading manufacturer of ball sports equipment, is the official ball and stringer of the US Open.
“For Wilson, the US Open is an incredibly special time of the year. Not only does this respected event ignite New York’s passion for tennis, it also commands a global stage for players and devoted fans,” said Considine. “We love welcoming and directly engaging with consumers and our customers at our on-site store, while supporting our outstanding athletes. Ringing the Opening Bell with Melanie and our Tennis Channel partner is a great way for us all to celebrate this incredible tournament.”
Georgia-native Oudin won the hearts of thousands at the 2009 US Open when she became the youngest American Grand Slam quarterfinalist since Serena Williams at the Open in 1999.
Wilson’s newly renovated on-site retail store outside Arthur Ashe stadium features Wilson apparel and gear for Fall ’12, including the popular, oversized Wilson tennis ball, with more than 500 sold daily on site.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- Philippoussis wins PowerShares finale
- Bollettieri launches coaching website
- Tecnifibre appoints SoCal brand ambassador
- Drysdale Tennis partners with CopperWynd
- Longoria, Vargas dominate pro racquetball
- Facilities joining ‘Try Tennis Free’ campaign
- Roddick wins 7th title in Richmond
- PTR welcomes two corporate members
- VA and USTA Foundation form partnership
- All HEAD Penn ladies racquetball final again