Tennis industry gathers to celebrate
New York, NY — Just days before the best tennis players in the world take to the courts at the US Open, the tennis industry will gather on Friday, Aug. 24, at the Grand Hyatt New York in the heart of Manhattan for The Tennis Show 2012, a one-day celebration of the “sport of opportunity.”
Presented by the Tennis Industry Association, in conjunction with the USTA Tennis Teachers Conference, The Tennis Show 2012 will feature an exhibitor show, demo court, the TIA Tennis Forum, and the induction ceremony of Nick Bollettieri into the Tennis Industry Hall of Fame. All events take place on the Ballroom level at the Grand Hyatt. The schedule is:
3 p.m. — Tennis Exhibitor Show Opens (includes demo court).
6 p.m. — TIA Tennis Forum begins. Presenters include USTA President and Chairman of the Board Jon Vegosen, TIA President Jon Muir, and USTA Community Tennis Chief Executive Kurt Kamperman.
6:30 p.m. — Tennis Industry Hall of Fame induction of Nick Bollettieri. TV tennis analyst and former tour pro Brad Gilbert will introduce his former coach. (To be followed by a brief press conference at 7 p.m.)
7-9 p.m. — Tennis Exhibitor Show continues with cocktail and hors d’oeuvre reception and drawings for prizes worth more than $20,000.
Visit tennisshow.com for more details.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- U.S. to host Slovak Republic in Davis Cup
- Jamba Juice and Venus announce expansion
- Tennis Channel to cover Davis Cup QFs
- Esurance sponsors Azarenka
- PTR and PlayYourCourt sign agreement
- Schedule set for Pro Circuit Wild Card Challenge
- Har-Tru introduces 'Be One with the Clay'
- Murray book released in the US
- Longoria extends tournament wins to 32
- Djokovic wins Indian Wells