ASBA announces publication of new manual
ELLICOTT CITY, MD — The American Sports Builders Association (ASBA), the national organization for builders, designers and suppliers of materials for running tracks, tennis courts, sports fields and indoor and outdoor synthetic sports surfaces, has announced the publication of the seventh edition of Running Tracks: A Construction and Maintenance Manual.
The book is designed for anyone involved in building, maintaining, repairing or renovating any type of running track. It includes easy to understand technical information on all aspects of tracks, including design, budgeting and planning, site requirements, surface selection, construction, maintenance, repair, amenities and accessories and more. In addition, it includes diagrams, photos, governing bodies and sources for further information.
“For the seventh edition the book is much more user-friendly,” says Mark Brogan, ASBA’s chairman. “The information is organized with a much more logical flow — from conception to construction to completion, and there are extensive chapters on maintenance and repair and renovation. In addition, the book is divided into many more chapters, and includes external tabs so users can quickly and easily find the information they need.”
Copies of the new edition of the book are now available at a cost of $44.95 each. Books can be ordered by contacting ASBA at 866-501-ASBA (2722), or by going to the web site, sportsbuilders.org.The book is also available instantly as a download.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- USF to host College Tennis Exposure Camp
- New date for Match for Africa 3
- Haas joins PlaySight team
- Ashaway Power Filament micro squash string
- USPTA to offer insurance options
- Fromuth seeks stringers for USTA National Campus
- PlaySight introduces challenge system
- Olympic tennis stadium to be demolished
- Sharapova returns to action October 10
- Ashaway continues as USA R'ball Official String