PTR Wimbledon Symposium a Success
Hilton Head Island, SC — Professional Tennis Registry (PTR) hosted the inaugural PTR Wimbledon Symposium, June 28-29, in London, England.
A strong group of presenters led the successful PTR Wimbledon Symposium, including: Judy Murray, LTA Fed Cup Captain; Roger Draper, LTA Chief Executive; Anne Pankhurst, world renowned coach educational expert; Jez Green, fitness coach of Andy Murray; and Claire Pollard, Head Women’s Tennis Coach for Northwestern University.
PTR President, Jorge Andrew, and PTR CEO, Dan Santorum, told the mostly British audience that PTR is dedicated to revitalizing PTR membership in Great Britain. According to Santorum, “Holding the Wimbledon Symposium was the first step in that direction.” Andrew added, “We look forward to building on this year’s Symposium. A world class event surrounding the aura of Wimbledon.”
The Symposium, held during the first Thursday and Friday of Wimbledon, will be an annual event that hopes to attract an international audience in the future.
PTR is the Official Training Partner for Special Olympics Tennis. PTR is the largest global organization of tennis teaching professionals with more than 14,000 members in 117 countries. It has the greatest percentage of multicultural and women members of any such organization. PTR is dedicated to educating, certifying and servicing tennis teachers and coaches around the world in order to grow the game.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- USF to host College Tennis Exposure Camp
- New date for Match for Africa 3
- Haas joins PlaySight team
- Ashaway Power Filament micro squash string
- USPTA to offer insurance options
- Fromuth seeks stringers for USTA National Campus
- PlaySight introduces challenge system
- Olympic tennis stadium to be demolished
- Sharapova returns to action October 10
- Ashaway continues as USA R'ball Official String