Citi Open Enhances Fan Experience
WASHINGTON, D.C. — World class tennis won’t be the only thing for fans to enjoy at this year’s Citi Open in Washington, D.C., running from July 28 to August 5 in Rock Creek Park. While the world’s best ATP and WTA players compete for more than $1.8 million in player compensation on the court, tournament sponsors and organizers have created an enhanced fan experience off the court through special events and interactive fan promotions.
In its first year as title sponsor, Citi is leading the charge with the “Citi Open Radio” program, which will feature live match updates from all courts and exclusive interviews with players and tournament officials. Citi will provide Citi cardholders with personal radios during the tournament, and fans will be encouraged to participate in the interviews through the tournament’s twitter handle, @CitiOpen.
Other fan attractions include an expanded Corona Beach Bar and photo booth located in the concession area, ping pong in the Lexus tent, live music from Rew Smith during finals weekend, daily sponsor giveaways and more.
This year’s special event lineup includes a culinary event headlined by D.C. Celebrity Chefs Bryan Voltaggio and Victor Albisu. The Corona Extra Alumni Night presented by Lexus is a tailgating party for college alumni emceed by HOT 99.5’s Sarah Fraser. Epic Cellars Wine Tasting Night presented by Lexus will give guests access to a wide variety of vintage wines and includes a toast with top ATP and WTA players. The full special event lineup includes:
- National Parks and Recreation Family Day, Saturday, July 28
- USTA Member Appreciation Day, Monday, July 30
- WTEF Pro-AM, Monday, July 30
- Chef Challenge with Bryan Voltaggio and Victor Albisu, Monday, July 30
- USTA Member Appreciation Day, Monday, July 30
- Corona Extra Alumni Night at the Net presented by Lexus, Tuesday, July 31
- Epic Cellars Wine Tasting Night presented by Lexus, Thursday, August 2
- Military Appreciation Day hosted by Geico, Saturday, August 4
- Box Seat Ticket Holder Appreciation Reception, Saturday, August 4
Onsite fan amenities include:
- Citi Open Radios
- Corona Beach House with photo booth
- Daily on-court promos with prizes
- The GameTruck featuring Wii, Xbox360, and PlayStation3 during Military Appreciation Day
- Rew Smith Band to play live music for the semifinals and finals
- Fast serve cage
- Ping Pong
For more information about the Citi Open, details on any special events or to buy tickets to the tournament or special events, please visit citiopentennis.com or call the tournament hotline at 202-721-9500. Single Session/Daily Tickets are also available through Ticketmaster. Tennis Center Box office opens Saturday July 28 at 9 a.m. Additional information can be found on Twitter @CitiOpen and Facebook: facebook.com/citiopen.
An integral part of the sports and entertainment fabric of Washington, D.C. for 43 years, the Citi Open, a Lagardère Unlimited production, is owned by and benefits WTEF, a non-profit organization designed to help disadvantaged Washington, D.C.-area youth through tennis and educational programs. To learn more about WTEF and its programs, please visit wtef.org/index.php.
The Washington Tennis & Education Foundation (WTEF) was founded in 1955 as an organization designed to help disadvantaged youth through tennis. Since then, it has evolved into an organization that provides academic help to at-risk children, by helping them to apply the lessons learned on the tennis court in the classroom and beyond. Today, WTEF is a leader in the best practice of providing academic enrichment, supplemented by tennis and life skills instruction, as a means for developing the skills necessary to achieve academic and personal success. WTEF seeks to improve the life prospects of DC area youth, particularly those from low-income communities, through tennis, educational, and community-building activities that teach discipline, build confidence, and improve academic performance. wtef.org
About Lagardère Unlimited
Lagardère Unlimited represents some of the world’s best athletes in Sports and Entertainment, including Tennis, Football, Basketball, Rugby, Sailing, Mixed Martial Arts, Fencing, Track and Field, Swimming, Motorsports, Cricket, Golf, Coaches, Living Legends and Entertainment. Lagardère Unlimited also works in the areas of broadcast rights, corporate marketing initiatives, and sports properties for sales/sponsorship opportunities. The company operates worldwide with offices in NY, LA, DC, Miami, Paris, and Singapore. Currently, Lagardère Unlimited represents some of the best sporting clients around the globe: including Andy Roddick, John Wall, Dwight Howard, Reggie Bush, Sachin Tendulkar, Joakim Noah, Sébastien Chabal, Gaël Monfils and Caroline Wozniacki. lagardere-unlimited.com
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- Fowler wins 2015 'Tennis Media Award'
- Drysdale Tennis launches foundation
- TV coverage of the clay-court season
- 'Try Tennis Free' campaign seeks growth
- Increase in hybrids driven by 'poly pain'
- USTA breaks ground in Lake Nona
- Team USA honors renowned coaches
- Blackman new GM, USTA Player Development
- Djokovic captures 5th Miami title
- Nominate an outstanding facility