Blake and Baker Highlight Monday Action
WASHINGTON, D.C. — Tournament officials have announced the planned schedule for several of the ATP World Tour 500 event’s marquee names at the 2012 Citi Open.
Top seed Mardy Fish will make his 2012 Citi Open debut on Tuesday against Bjorn Phau. Additional seeds slated for Tuesday action are No. 2 Alexandr Dolgopolov, No. 4 Tommy Haas and No. 8 Sam Querrey.
The 2002 D.C. champion and fan favorite James Blake and fellow American Brian Baker are both scheduled to play their opening matches on Monday, July 30.
As always, schedules are subject to change due to unforeseen circumstances.
The Citi Open will take place at the William H.G. FitzGerald Tennis Center in Washington, D.C. Proceeds from the Citi Open benefit the Washington Tennis and Education Foundation (WTEF), which seeks to improve the lives of D.C.-area youth. For a complete list of draws and schedules as they are announced, please visit citiopentennis.com.
An integral part of the sports and entertainment fabric of Washington, D.C. for 43 years, the Citi Open, a Lagardère Unlimited production, is owned by and benefits WTEF, a non-profit organization designed to help disadvantaged Washington, D.C.-area youth through tennis and educational programs. To learn more about WTEF and its programs, please visit wtef.org/index.php.
For more information about the Citi Open and tickets please visit citiopentennis.com or call the tournament hotline at 202-721-9500.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- Roddick wins 7th title in Richmond
- PTR welcomes two corporate members
- VA and USTA Foundation form partnership
- All HEAD Penn ladies racquetball final again
- Djokovic wins 3 Masters 1000 titles in a row
- ITF designates PTR Wheelchair Championships
- Roddick breaks Sampras record in Dallas
- Roddick ties Sampras record in Little Rock
- Roddick wins title in Austin
- Thelma Coyne Long has passed away