U.S. draws Italy in Fed Cup first round
The draw for the 2013 Fed Cup by BNP Paribas World Group was held today by the International Tennis Federation at Roland Garros in Paris, and the U.S. Fed Cup Team will open the 2013 Fed Cup campaign on the road against Italy. The first round will take place February 9-10, 2013.
The U.S. faced Italy in consecutive Fed Cup World Group finals in 2009 and 2010. Should the U.S. defeat Italy, it would either host the Czech Republic or travel to Australia in the World Group semifinals.
After falling out of the World Group in 2011 for the first time ever in the 49 year-history of the competition, the U.S. will once again contend for the Fed Cup title in 2013 after defeating both Belarus in the 2012 World Group II first round and Ukraine in the 2012 World Group playoff by 5-0 margins.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- USTA announces new positions
- Rome Tennis Center grand opening
- ITHF courts dedicated
- Tecnifibre the official Citi Open stringer
- Tecnifibre: Official stringer of the Citi Open
- Carson wins 12th world title
- WTT Smash Hits returns to Caesars Palace
- US Open purse surpasses $46 million
- Snodgrass adds tennis division
- Chase to support 10 NJTL chapters