U.S. draws Italy in Fed Cup first round
The draw for the 2013 Fed Cup by BNP Paribas World Group was held today by the International Tennis Federation at Roland Garros in Paris, and the U.S. Fed Cup Team will open the 2013 Fed Cup campaign on the road against Italy. The first round will take place February 9-10, 2013.
The U.S. faced Italy in consecutive Fed Cup World Group finals in 2009 and 2010. Should the U.S. defeat Italy, it would either host the Czech Republic or travel to Australia in the World Group semifinals.
After falling out of the World Group in 2011 for the first time ever in the 49 year-history of the competition, the U.S. will once again contend for the Fed Cup title in 2013 after defeating both Belarus in the 2012 World Group II first round and Ukraine in the 2012 World Group playoff by 5-0 margins.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- Federer chases Davis Cup title
- TIA partners with PAI
- MAC GM named Facility Manager of the Year
- USTA nominates Adams as chairman, CEO
- Carson wins 2nd tournament in a row
- Tennis Central announces new app
- Sukova honored with Fed Cup Award
- All-star field for WTT Smash Hits in London
- ProWorld and Tecnifibre announce partnership
- Tennis Channel hosts Fed Cup final live