U.S. draws Italy in Fed Cup first round
The draw for the 2013 Fed Cup by BNP Paribas World Group was held today by the International Tennis Federation at Roland Garros in Paris, and the U.S. Fed Cup Team will open the 2013 Fed Cup campaign on the road against Italy. The first round will take place February 9-10, 2013.
The U.S. faced Italy in consecutive Fed Cup World Group finals in 2009 and 2010. Should the U.S. defeat Italy, it would either host the Czech Republic or travel to Australia in the World Group semifinals.
After falling out of the World Group in 2011 for the first time ever in the 49 year-history of the competition, the U.S. will once again contend for the Fed Cup title in 2013 after defeating both Belarus in the 2012 World Group II first round and Ukraine in the 2012 World Group playoff by 5-0 margins.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- USPTA renews partnership with Rezilient
- Tennis Channel championship run-up
- Gaultier defeats Shabana
- Head Penn players dominate pro racquetball
- Gaultier and Shabana to meet in the final
- Shabana, Barker advance to semis
- Gaultier, Rodriguez advance to semis
- NetSuite Open QFs set
- NetSuite Open to benefit SquashDrive
- Community Tennis Day at Sea Colony