It’s No Longer Lonely At The Top
Phoenix, AZ — HEAD racquet rebels, Novak Djokovic and Maria Sharapova are on top of the tennis world rankings as both HEAD players have claimed the number 1 spots in tennis.
Maria Sharapova made history yesterday, with her YouTek™ IG Instinct MP racquet, as she became the tenth woman in tennis history to win all four Grand Slam titles when she defeated Italy’s Sara Errani 6-3, 6-2, at the 2012 French Open. By claiming the French Open title, she completed her matched set of career trophies and takes over as world No.1 again, as she returns to the top four years after her last appearance at the summit. Although losing a bitter battle against rival Rafael Nadal in the French Open finals, Novak continues his reign on top as the ATP No. 1 seed for men’s singles, all the while using his YouTek IG™ Speed MP racquet.
With Maria and Novak both seeded No. 1, HEAD will launch a new campaign to celebrate their support of the top men’s and women’s tennis players in the country. The campaign includes a tactical print ad, a HEAD tennis Facebook App and a Twitter Sweepstakes, among others.
For more information please visit:
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- Agassi to replay 1996 Olympic gold match
- FILA and ITHF launch new program
- Tennis is first to endorse ‘CEO Pledge’
- Castagnet switches to Ashaway
- Rome TC selects management team
- HEAD introduces the Speed Limited Edition
- Philippoussis goes 2-For-2 in PowerShares
- Philippoussis kicks off 2016 with a bang
- Eight named to National Junior Team
- USTA to launch nationwide kids’ audition