100th ranked Rosol upsets Nadal
CHICAGO — In one of the greatest upsets in tennis history, No. 100 ranked Lukas Rosol defeated world No. 2 and five time Wimbledon finalist, Rafael Nadal, in the second round of this year’s Wimbledon. Using the Wilson Six.One 95 BLX, Rosol prevailed in a five-set thriller 6-7 (9-11) 6-4 6-4 2-6 6-4. The 26-year-old Czech Republic native has remained a relative unknown since turning pro in 2004 and had never won a tour-level grass-court match prior to this season. This is Rosol’s sixth year in a row competing at Wimbledon, but the first time he has made it into the main draw.
“Tennis is not an easy sport; it’s demanding on so many different levels,” said Renaud Vallon, global tour director for Wilson. “Lukas had his chance and seized the moment on the world’s greatest stage of tennis. We couldn’t be more proud of him.”
Rosol will play Wilson exclusive player and No. 30 Phillipp Kohlschreiber in the next round.
The power and response of the Wilson Six.One 95 BLX makes it a consistent racket choice for tournament players around the world. The midsize head, tournament level weighting and new addition of basalt fibers give players enhanced feel.
About Wilson: Wilson Racquet Sports is a division of Chicago-based Wilson Sporting Goods, one of the world’s leading manufacturers of sports equipment and owned by Amer Sports. Wilson designs, manufactures and distributes sporting goods throughout the world and focuses on making technologically advanced products which help players of all levels perform better. For more information, visit wilson.com.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- PTR on board with Coach Youth Tennis
- Agassi, Sampras, and Lendl honored
- Babolat: The legendary experience of the Majors
- Esguerra named PTR WI Member of the Year
- Burke named PTR GA Member of the Year
- Pugh receives PTR USTA Community Service Award
- Blouin named PTR Int'l Master Professional
- Godreau named PTR MS Member of the Year
- Van B. Stafford named PTR OH Member of the Year
- GAMMA Glide is revolutionary