Tennis players buying more racquets
Hilton Head Island, SC — March capped off a promising 1st quarter in the tennis specialty market, posting increasing racquet unit/dollar numbers rarely seen in 2011. With units up 15% and dollars up 12% in March, tennis players showed the jittery economy was not holding them back from updating their equipment. The strong March numbers led to a Q1 unit increase of 14% and dollar increase of 12%, compared to Q1 in 2011.
The TIA Specialty Store Retail Audit details unit and dollar share of racquet sales at pro/specialty stores of the leading tennis racquet brands and analyzes the market by price point, racquet type and size.
The TIA (Tennis Industry Association) Specialty Store Retail Audit is produced on a monthly basis by the TIA’s research partner, Sports Marketing Surveys USA.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- USPTA renews partnership with Rezilient
- Tennis Channel championship run-up
- Gaultier defeats Shabana
- Head Penn players dominate pro racquetball
- Gaultier and Shabana to meet in the final
- Shabana, Barker advance to semis
- Gaultier, Rodriguez advance to semis
- NetSuite Open QFs set
- NetSuite Open to benefit SquashDrive
- Community Tennis Day at Sea Colony