Tennis players buying more racquets
Hilton Head Island, SC — March capped off a promising 1st quarter in the tennis specialty market, posting increasing racquet unit/dollar numbers rarely seen in 2011. With units up 15% and dollars up 12% in March, tennis players showed the jittery economy was not holding them back from updating their equipment. The strong March numbers led to a Q1 unit increase of 14% and dollar increase of 12%, compared to Q1 in 2011.
The TIA Specialty Store Retail Audit details unit and dollar share of racquet sales at pro/specialty stores of the leading tennis racquet brands and analyzes the market by price point, racquet type and size.
The TIA (Tennis Industry Association) Specialty Store Retail Audit is produced on a monthly basis by the TIA’s research partner, Sports Marketing Surveys USA.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- Lloyd named coach of San Diego Aviators
- HEAD is new official stringing team at BNPPO
- PTR names Private Facility of the Year
- Djokovic interview in WSJ. Magazine
- BNP Paribas Showdown names official charity
- Longoria strengthens hold on top ranking
- Draws announced for PowerShares events
- Maui Jim partners with ATP
- Osei named PTR Volunteer of the Year
- Adams receives PTR/USTA award