Tennis players buying more racquets
Hilton Head Island, SC — March capped off a promising 1st quarter in the tennis specialty market, posting increasing racquet unit/dollar numbers rarely seen in 2011. With units up 15% and dollars up 12% in March, tennis players showed the jittery economy was not holding them back from updating their equipment. The strong March numbers led to a Q1 unit increase of 14% and dollar increase of 12%, compared to Q1 in 2011.
The TIA Specialty Store Retail Audit details unit and dollar share of racquet sales at pro/specialty stores of the leading tennis racquet brands and analyzes the market by price point, racquet type and size.
The TIA (Tennis Industry Association) Specialty Store Retail Audit is produced on a monthly basis by the TIA’s research partner, Sports Marketing Surveys USA.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- The Pope talks tennis at the Vatican
- Turn your game on with Sony
- Pennetta joins Maui Jim roster
- Russell appointed new CEO of ITA
- Grand re-opening of ITHF Museum
- ASICS unveils Monfils campaign
- Top 100 tennis resorts and camps
- USPTA expands into platform tennis
- ITHF introduces new marketing campaign
- Murray breaks through on clay in Munich