Almagro Repeats in Nice
Nicolas Almagro completed a stellar week of play today in Nice, winning the Open de Nice Cote d’Azur title for the second year running. Nico dropped nary a set en route to the title, taking out American Brian Baker today in the final 6-3, 6-2 in 70 minutes.
“I played my best tennis in two years here,” said Almagro. “I am very happy with my serve and my forehand. I moved on the court very, very well. Today was one of those matches you want to keep in your mind for the rest of the season, because I couldn’t have played much better.”
Almagro hit those serves and forehands with his Dunlop Biomimetic 500 Tour racquet, which he’s carried since 2011. The Spaniard, currently 14th in Champions Race, heads into the French Open looking to improve on his quarterfinal finishes in 2008 and 2010.
“Nico is carrying some positive momentum into Roland Garros, as is his Spanish compatriot, and fellow Dunlop Tour Team member, Fernando Verdasco,” said Kai Nitsche, Dunlop V.P. of Racquet Sports. “We’re looking forward to seeing them do some damage in the draw this next couple weeks.”
RSI.com News search
Latest RSI.com News
- Davis Cup tickets to go on sale Dec. 6th
- ASBA releases informative video
- Tennis Channel to rebroadcast French Open
- SGI, PHIT America announce 'Challenge'
- NYJTL honors Tennis Channel and Solomon
- Mylan WTT relocates; Roddick to star on team
- TGA Premier Youth Tennis launches 22nd franchise
- Ashaway named the Official String of PTR
- eBay Hire joins PTR
- Ashaway to sponsor junior squash tournament