Almagro Repeats in Nice
Nicolas Almagro completed a stellar week of play today in Nice, winning the Open de Nice Cote d’Azur title for the second year running. Nico dropped nary a set en route to the title, taking out American Brian Baker today in the final 6-3, 6-2 in 70 minutes.
“I played my best tennis in two years here,” said Almagro. “I am very happy with my serve and my forehand. I moved on the court very, very well. Today was one of those matches you want to keep in your mind for the rest of the season, because I couldn’t have played much better.”
Almagro hit those serves and forehands with his Dunlop Biomimetic 500 Tour racquet, which he’s carried since 2011. The Spaniard, currently 14th in Champions Race, heads into the French Open looking to improve on his quarterfinal finishes in 2008 and 2010.
“Nico is carrying some positive momentum into Roland Garros, as is his Spanish compatriot, and fellow Dunlop Tour Team member, Fernando Verdasco,” said Kai Nitsche, Dunlop V.P. of Racquet Sports. “We’re looking forward to seeing them do some damage in the draw this next couple weeks.”
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- Jamba Juice and Venus announce expansion
- Tennis Channel to cover Davis Cup QFs
- Esurance sponsors Azarenka
- PTR and PlayYourCourt sign agreement
- Schedule set for Pro Circuit Wild Card Challenge
- Har-Tru introduces 'Be One with the Clay'
- Murray book released in the US
- Longoria extends tournament wins to 32
- Djokovic wins Indian Wells
- UBS honors King