Almagro Repeats in Nice
Nicolas Almagro completed a stellar week of play today in Nice, winning the Open de Nice Cote d’Azur title for the second year running. Nico dropped nary a set en route to the title, taking out American Brian Baker today in the final 6-3, 6-2 in 70 minutes.
“I played my best tennis in two years here,” said Almagro. “I am very happy with my serve and my forehand. I moved on the court very, very well. Today was one of those matches you want to keep in your mind for the rest of the season, because I couldn’t have played much better.”
Almagro hit those serves and forehands with his Dunlop Biomimetic 500 Tour racquet, which he’s carried since 2011. The Spaniard, currently 14th in Champions Race, heads into the French Open looking to improve on his quarterfinal finishes in 2008 and 2010.
“Nico is carrying some positive momentum into Roland Garros, as is his Spanish compatriot, and fellow Dunlop Tour Team member, Fernando Verdasco,” said Kai Nitsche, Dunlop V.P. of Racquet Sports. “We’re looking forward to seeing them do some damage in the draw this next couple weeks.”
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- PTR to host Directors of Tennis Conference
- More TV time for DC's Citi Open than ever
- New Babolat Pure Aero
- Tennis Channel's summer season
- HEAD Penn players win at Pan Am Games
- Penn is the official ball of CIF
- Bringing tennis to children with 'Emirates Returns'
- Live coverage of Boston-Philadelphia WTT
- ASBA announces new tennis courts manual
- 2015 US Open Series launches in Atlanta