Salas Wins Pan American Gold
Temuco, Chile — In her first competition since last October, Team HEAD Penn’s Samantha Salas (HEAD Blackjack) returned to the court in a successful fashion by winning a gold medal in the Women’s Doubles competition at the 2012 Pan American Championships. The top of podium finish is the second consecutive for a Mexican duo on the international stage with Salas being a member of both gold medal winning teams. Samantha and her partner also won the Women’s Doubles division at the 2011 Pan American Games in Guadalajara, Mexico.
After a successful junior career, Salas joined the Women’s Professional Racquetball Organization (WPRO) and took the tour by storm during the 2009-2010 season. Early during the 2010-2011 season, Samantha signed a long term contract with HEAD Penn Racquetball Sports and at her first event using a HEAD racquet she won her first ever professional tournament.
As a junior player, Salas won a gold medal at the 2004 World Junior Championships. At the 2007 and 2009 Pan American Games she won silver medals while representing her home country of Mexico.
Salas will return to playing on the WPRO tour next later this month at the event in San Antonio. To follow Samantha and all the players on Team HEAD Penn, please visit facebook.com/headpennracquetball.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- Tecnifibre appoints SoCal brand ambassador
- Roddick wins 7th title in Richmond
- PTR welcomes two corporate members
- VA and USTA Foundation form partnership
- All HEAD Penn ladies racquetball final again
- Djokovic wins 3 Masters 1000 titles in a row
- ITF designates PTR Wheelchair Championships
- Roddick breaks Sampras record in Dallas
- Roddick ties Sampras record in Little Rock
- Roddick wins title in Austin