Agassi Foundation teams up with Inspirato
DENVER — The Andre Agassi Foundation for Education is dedicated to transforming public education, and Inspirato enriches people’s lives by opening doors to luxury travel opportunities. The two organizations have joined forces to provide a source of significant, sustainable funds to create better educational opportunities for underserved youth.
“At Inspirato, we provide travel opportunities to experience the world” Inspirato’s Inspired Giving program was designed to help charitable organizations like the Andre Agassi Foundation for Education raise funds in a new way. Through this partnership, donors who contribute $2,000 to the Andre Agassi Foundation for Education through the new Inspired Giving online platform gain select access to Inspirato’s club-managed portfolio of vacation residences and unparalleled personal vacation services in locations ranging from California and Colorado to Mexico and Hawaii.
The Inspired Giving donation model benefits the Andre Agassi Foundation for Education in a number of ways:
- For every $2,000 donated to the Andre Agassi Foundation for Education through Inspirato’s Inspired Giving website, the donor gains one-time access to an Inspirato luxury vacation — priced at up to 50 percent under market, and without having to pay the $15,000 Inspirato membership fee.
- Inspirato contributes one Inspired Giving vacation experience that the Andre Agassi Foundation for Education can auction to raise funds. Of those contributed monies, 100 percent goes back to the Andre Agassi Foundation for Education.
- For every new Inspirato membership that is generated from an Andre Agassi Foundation donation through Inspirato’s Inspired Giving, the company gives $2,000 to the Andre Agassi Foundation for Education as an Inspirato Inspired Giving partner.
- Throughout the year, the Andre Agassi Foundation for Education will offer targeted opportunities for supporters to donate to its cause through Inspirato’s Inspired Giving. Funds raised will be allocated to continuing the Foundation’s mission to transform public education through its signature project, the Andre Agassi College Preparatory Academy. Agassi Prep is a public charter school that provides children in Historic West Las Vegas with a first-class K-12 education to prepare them for college and beyond.
“Our partnership with Inspirato gets us closer to our goal every day — which is to close the gap between the low level of funding the state of Nevada provides and the appropriate level of funding that is required to deliver a quality education,” said Julie Pippenger, chief operating officer of the Andre Agassi Foundation for Education. “We’re not just talking about improving education. We’re doing it, on the ground, and learning every day from examples of what’s working and what’s not. We’re on a mission to help set high standards for all students here in Nevada - and across the country.”
Simone Ruffin, valedictorian of Agassi Prep’s first graduating class in 2009, said in her speech honoring Andre Agassi at the Tennis Hall of Fame Induction in 2011, “He showed us that even in the face of adversity, we can become our very best. Here was a rare individual who saw the potential for change. Las Vegas is a town where education and personal development can be a last consideration. In a time and place where few held out hope for the future of young Nevadans, one young man’s vision provided an inroad to success. He provided us with the tools to build our own lives. From this we were empowered to be anything. I stand here and I am the voice of so many children whose lives have been changed by the generosity of one.”
For the Andre Agassi Foundation for Education’s supporters, the donation and vacation booking experience is simple: the donor is given access to Inspirato’s Inspired Giving exclusive web portal, www.inspiredgiving.com; selects the Andre Agassi Foundation for Education as the charitable organization of choice; and makes a tax-deductible donation of $2,000. That donor is immediately able to book a vacation to a luxury Inspirato destination and enjoy all that Inspirato members enjoy, including: personalized service from an Inspirato vacation advisor, an on-site destination concierge, and luxurious accommodations ranging from intimate, couples-only, one-bedroom retreats to large, well-appointed homes in excess of 3,000 square feet.
“At Inspirato, we provide travel opportunities to experience the world,” said Jackie Benton, executive director of Inspired Giving. “Through our Inspired Giving platform, donors will have access to our luxury travel portfolio and the knowledge that they are providing year-round support for the Andre Agassi Foundation and the Nevada students it serves. It’s a program that’s great for the donor and great for the foundation.”
About the Andre Agassi Foundation for Education
The Andre Agassi Foundation for Education seeks to transform public education in two ways. Through its signature project, the Andre Agassi College Preparatory Academy, the Foundation works to provide underserved children in Las Vegas with a first-class K-12 education to prepare them for excellence in college and beyond. Through state and national advocacy, the Foundation strives to increase investment in, and accountability for, public schools. To support the Andre Agassi Foundation for Education or to obtain additional information, please visit agassifoundation.org.
Designed specifically for a new generation of luxury consumers, Inspirato offers the best of destination club consistency and service, together with unmatched value, flexibility and low-cost membership. Our members have access to an ever-growing portfolio of luxury homes in the world’s top destinations, including California, the Caribbean, Colorado, France, Hawaii, Italy, London, Mexico, New York City and more. By leasing vacation properties (rather than owning), Inspirato is able to keep membership fees low, offer up to 50 percent off market rates, and easily add homes and destinations as demand increases. Our innovative business model has led to rapid growth since our January 2011 launch, placing Inspirato at the forefront of the “luxury for less” movement. For more information about Inspirato, visit inspirato.com.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- Federer chases Davis Cup title
- TIA partners with PAI
- MAC GM named Facility Manager of the Year
- USTA nominates Adams as chairman, CEO
- Carson wins 2nd tournament in a row
- Tennis Central announces new app
- Sukova honored with Fed Cup Award
- All-star field for WTT Smash Hits in London
- ProWorld and Tecnifibre announce partnership
- Tennis Channel hosts Fed Cup final live