USPTA provides grant to A’s & Aces
The United States Professional Tennis Association presented a grant to A’s & Aces in support of its mission to provide academic support, life skills and tennis to New Orleans public school children. The grant makes it possible for A’s & Aces to help economically disadvantaged children learn tennis.
A’s & Aces serves more than 500 children through in/afterschool and summer programming. Summer camps teach tennis fundamentals and life skills. In-school/after-school clinics are offered to partner elementary schools and provide homework support, literacy tutoring, life skills and basic tennis instruction with beginner-level competitions. A “Pathway to College” program is planned for the future. It is the only National Junior Tennis & Learning chapter in New Orleans and the only First Serve chapter in Louisiana.
The USPTA Foundation provides grants and donations to programs and organizations that strive to help economically disadvantaged people learn tennis. All proceeds from the annual USPTA silent auction held at the World Conference on Tennis go to the foundation. For more information on this and other USPTA programs, please visit www.uspta.com.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- ASBA elects new officers and directors
- Robb earns PTR Master of Tennis
- Flick earns PTR Master of Tennis
- Batsula earns PTR Master of Tennis
- Antigua launches spring line
- Aviators announce new ownership
- Williams and Djokovic, ITF World Champions
- Federer vs. Wawrinka on Tennis Channel
- Vargas wins first career pro stop
- ASICS launches BZ100 racquet