USPTA provides grant to A’s & Aces
The United States Professional Tennis Association presented a grant to A’s & Aces in support of its mission to provide academic support, life skills and tennis to New Orleans public school children. The grant makes it possible for A’s & Aces to help economically disadvantaged children learn tennis.
A’s & Aces serves more than 500 children through in/afterschool and summer programming. Summer camps teach tennis fundamentals and life skills. In-school/after-school clinics are offered to partner elementary schools and provide homework support, literacy tutoring, life skills and basic tennis instruction with beginner-level competitions. A “Pathway to College” program is planned for the future. It is the only National Junior Tennis & Learning chapter in New Orleans and the only First Serve chapter in Louisiana.
The USPTA Foundation provides grants and donations to programs and organizations that strive to help economically disadvantaged people learn tennis. All proceeds from the annual USPTA silent auction held at the World Conference on Tennis go to the foundation. For more information on this and other USPTA programs, please visit www.uspta.com.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- Grand Harbor to host charity tourney
- McInerney named 2016 ITA award winner
- Ashaway introduces Rally 21 Fire string
- Successful 2016 for Head tennis
- Play tennis for life
- Smashers take win in NBL thriller
- Langridge to feature at Sports Park
- Murray ends 2016 as No. 1
- Hitting partner of the top players
- USPTA offers USPA certification