Babolat invents a new approach to tennis
As tennis is played today, players have very little information for evaluating their performance outside of the match results. They lack data for analyzing their game, whether for studying their own progress or for comparing their performance to other players.
As a result of research conducted over the course of five years, Babolat is developing today the “Play & Connect” racquet which offers a new experience to players thanks to sensors integrated in the racquet that record the flow of data.
2012: the debut of a new era
Tennis lovers, novices, pro players and amateurs, whatever their level, will now have access to information about their game in order to better understand their game and to improve their performance on the court in an enjoyable way. With “Play & Connect,” it will now be possible, for the first time, to measure and challenge the performance between players of all levels, including the professional players of Team Babolat.
Discover the prototype at Roland Garros, May 2012!
- First demos and presentation of the Babolat “Play & Connect” prototype racquet at the 2012 French Open
- From September 2012, 100 prototype racquets will be tested around the world
- Launch planned for 2013
Created in 1875, in Lyon, France, Babolat is the oldest international company specialized in tennis. Babolat is today number 1 in tennis racquet sales in the United States, France, Spain, Italy and in Japan. Family-run for five generations, Babolat is an expert and innovative brand in the tennis sector providing complete technical equipment for tennis players: racquets, strings, shoes, bags, apparel, accessories and balls. The brand provides strings and racquets for numerous tennis players including Rafael Nadal, Kim Clijsters, Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, Li Na and Andy Roddick (who also plays with Babolat shoes). Website / Facebook.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- U.S. to host Slovak Republic in Davis Cup
- Jamba Juice and Venus announce expansion
- Tennis Channel to cover Davis Cup QFs
- Esurance sponsors Azarenka
- PTR and PlayYourCourt sign agreement
- Schedule set for Pro Circuit Wild Card Challenge
- Har-Tru introduces 'Be One with the Clay'
- Murray book released in the US
- Longoria extends tournament wins to 32
- Djokovic wins Indian Wells