Babolat Debuts 2012 Footwear Line
Boulder, Colorado — Babolat, leading manufacturer of tennis equipment, introduces its footwear collection for 2012 with upgrades to the Propulse 3 and V-PRO All Court. Both styles will be available January 17, with a special promotion featuring a limited edition Babolat BAGETTE, paying homage to the company’s French roots. The tote bag will be included with the purchase of any 2012 adult shoes (while supplies last).
The Propulse range for men and women features a lateral relaunch and velocity thanks to the Exact PRO System, and it is now available in vibrant new color combinations guaranteed to stand out on the court. The V-PRO All Court takes its cue from the Propulse line for high-end performance that’s always a step ahead of the competition.
As a tennis expert, Babolat spends time on the courts listening to the needs of players in order to develop high performance, game-improving products. The 100 percent tennis Exact PRO system in Babolat’s adult shoes caters to the lateral and diagonal movements on the court, as well as propulsion on the forefoot.
The Propulse 3, also available for juniors, is an innovative all-court shoe featuring new colors: black and lime green for men and black and hot pink for women. The men’s shoe will retail for $109 and also includes gray/green laces, while the women’s shoe will retail for $104. Since its launch in 2007, the shoe has been endorsed and worn by Andy Roddick.
Technology highlights for the Propulse 3 include:
- Kompressor System — Heel system with Thermo Plastic Rubber (TPR) filled tubes in the rubber to absorb energy when the heel hits the ground, uniformly distributing it for optimum comfort.
- Cell Shield — Provides durability to the upper to stand up to even more abrasion while providing excellent comfort.
- Exact PRO Technology — Propulsion system under the forefoot generates a dynamic impulse in lateral movements for faster footwork.
- Michelin OCS (Optimized Cell System) — Developed in collaboration with Michelin’s R&D team, the Propulse 3 outsole offers optimized traction and is more resistant to wear and tear.
- Foot Belt — Innovative system defined by three points: heel, ankle and instep support offering a tailor made fit for perfect foot-shoe synergy.
V-PRO All Court
The 2012 V-PRO All Court is now available in white and black, offering high-end performance that includes Exact PRO Technology, a Michelin All Court Sole to resist abrasion, Pro-Shield Reinforcement that offers durability on high wear area of inner edge and Vibrakill comfort and shock protection. It will retail for $89.
The 2012 line of shoes will be available at tennis retailers nationwide beginning January 17 and will include a free BAG-ette with the purchase of any adult shoes while supplies last.
Founded in Lyon, France, in 1875, Babolat is the first company to have specialized in racquet sports and the world leader in the production of natural gut strings. Easily recognized by its trademark “double-line” (two stripes on the racquet frame and black on the stringing bed), Babolat is still family-owned. Today, with U.S. operations in Boulder, Colorado, the company also manufactures synthetic strings, shoes, accessories and a best-selling line of racquets. Babolat equips 20% of the top 100 players in the ATP and WTA including Rafael Nadal, Andy Roddick, Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, Kim Clijsters, Francesca Schiavone, Na Li and Samantha Stosur. To find out where Babolat products are sold, log on to babolat.com or call (877) 316-9435. Follow us on Facebook or Twitter.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- New director, name, and logo for Memphis Open
- Carson wins 19th pro tournament
- Bollettieri visits Manchester Memorial
- Hat-trick for Berdych, Cilic, and Murray
- ASBA announces 2014 Technical Meeting
- Ashaway sponsors Swain
- Tavistock Development welcomes new executives
- Game arranging without the hassle or cost
- Parents invited to session with Bollettieri
- Tennis Channel's coverage of the WTA Championships