PlayTennis.com to Re-Launch in 2012
In a major initiative to create one central information gateway to attract more players and build future frequent players, tennis industry partners will be re-launching PlayTennis.com in 2012. PlayTennis.com will be the “hub” of information and opportunities for consumers to easily get on the pathway to becoming a frequent player.
PlayTennis.com is a simple call to action for everything tennis. It will be a “brand agnostic” site and messaging tool that all industry members should use in their own marketing and advertising to support the growth of the game.
“PlayTennis.com will not only become the consumer site for all things tennis, but should become a brand mark in the industry,” says TIA President Jon Muir. “When people want to know where they can join a program or find a partner, or anything about getting in the game, as an industry we should all direct them to the simple and easy to remember URL, PlayTennis.com.”
The USTA made a major commitment toward resources for the shared plans for PlayTennis.com, then a steering committee was formed from representatives from various segments of the industry to work with the USTA to guide and support the project. “The website is being developed as a non-endemic consumer portal by the USTA, TIA , and other industry partners,” de Boer notes. PlayTennis.com logo creative and web banners should be available by the first quarter of 2012.
Tennis providers should visit PlayTennis.com now to make sure their information is up to date for the re-launch. Teaching pros, club owners, tennis facilities, retailers/pro shops, and other industry contacts all should update their free listings and publish their programs on the site, so players and consumers can easily find them. Stores, facilities, companies and others in the industry are also asked to promote the website on equipment hang tags, in messaging to consumers/members, and in advertising and media.
PlayTennis.com will be designed to be a “grand central station” of information for consumers to easily get on the pathway to becoming a frequent player. The site will:
- Provide a comprehensive database of facilities, programs, retailers, teaching pros and other user-friendly information and resources so consumers can find local programs and opportunities to play tennis.
- Provide tools for existing players to increase their total play occasions.
- Be a neutral-branded site so everyone in the tennis industry can equally provide awareness and ongoing support.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- New director, name, and logo for Memphis Open
- All Head Penn final at UHC US Open
- ESPN3 to air USTA Clay Court Invitational
- Carson wins 19th pro tournament
- Bollettieri visits Manchester Memorial
- Murray close to ATP finals
- Hat-trick for Berdych, Cilic, and Murray
- ASBA announces 2014 Technical Meeting
- Ashaway sponsors Swain
- Tavistock Development welcomes new executives