USPTA announces new directors
The United States Professional Tennis Association installed its new national board of directors that will serve the association until September 2013. The new board took office during the USPTA World Conference on Tennis, Sept. 19-24, at Saddlebrook Resort in Wesley Chapel, Fla.
The USPTA board of directors includes:
President Tom Daglis
First Vice President Randy Mattingley
New board member and Vice President Nancy Cox
New board member and Vice President Jeff Hawes
*New board member and Vice President Tom McGraw
New board member and Vice President Dan Moster
New board member and Vice President Gary Trost
Immediate Past President Harry Gilbert
All new board members were elected by vote of the general membership. The USPTA bylaws do not allow additional nominations for the positions of president and first vice president, therefore, the choices of the Nominating Committee for those two offices were final prior to the election.
The USPTA board manages the association’s affairs between meetings of the larger USPTA Executive Committee, which includes the board, three past national presidents, and two elected leaders from each of the USPTA’s 17 domestic divisions. Board members are nominated by a committee composed of Executive Committee members.
The chief executive officer of the USPTA since 1982 is Tim Heckler. The USPTA World Headquarters is in Houston.
*Tom McGraw is new to the board for this term, but has previously served on the board.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- USF to host College Tennis Exposure Camp
- New date for Match for Africa 3
- Haas joins PlaySight team
- Ashaway Power Filament micro squash string
- USPTA to offer insurance options
- Fromuth seeks stringers for USTA National Campus
- PlaySight introduces challenge system
- Olympic tennis stadium to be demolished
- Sharapova returns to action October 10
- Ashaway continues as USA R'ball Official String