Two earn USPTA Master Professional distinction
Two members of the United States Professional Tennis Association were recognized today for achieving Master Professional status in the association, the highest professional rating within the tennis profession:
- Darryl Lewis, Nellysford, Va.
- Emilio Sanchez Vicario, Barcelona, Spain
The two honorees were recognized today during the USPTA’s annual awards breakfast at the USPTA World Conference on Tennis at the Saddlebrook Resort in Wesley Chapel, Fla. They join an elite group as only about 1 percent of USPTA’s more than 15,000 members worldwide have achieved the Master Professional designation.
Members must hold USPTA’s highest certification rating (Professional 1) for more than 10 years before becoming eligible for the Master Professional designation. Then, each must fulfill a broad spectrum of requirements, including making significant achievements in areas such as tennis teaching and coaching, business, education and volunteer work.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- El-Sherbini new world number one
- YTEX sponsors Junior Open
- Carson wins Florida Pro-Am
- Another event, another win for Longoria
- Agassi to replay 1996 Olympic gold match
- FILA and ITHF launch new program
- Tennis is first to endorse ‘CEO Pledge’
- Castagnet switches to Ashaway
- Rome TC selects management team
- HEAD introduces the Speed Limited Edition