Statement regarding Serena's code violation
Serena Williams was issued a code violation for verbal abuse by Chair Umpire Eva Asderaki at the conclusion of the first game of the second set during the US Open women’s singles final vs. Samantha Stosur.
Tournament Referee Brian Earley is presently reviewing this incident on tape and also will have further discussions with the chair umpire to determine whether this code violation will result in a fine, and, if so, the level of that fine. The decision regarding this matter will be issued tomorrow.
Any impact this code violation might have on Serena Williams’ Grand Slam probation would require the incident being ruled a major event. That determination will be made by the Grand Slam Committee Director.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- PTR names HS Coach of the Year
- USTA and Deloitte announce relationship
- The Bay Club to honor Patel
- USTA names Mahoney to new position
- Pant named National Director at Life Time
- Ashaway SuperNick ZX Micro
- USPTA and SportMaster unite
- Anderson receives Service Award
- HEAD Penn to partner with Cliff Drysdale
- USTA NE names official travel partner