Statement regarding Serena's code violation
Serena Williams was issued a code violation for verbal abuse by Chair Umpire Eva Asderaki at the conclusion of the first game of the second set during the US Open women’s singles final vs. Samantha Stosur.
Tournament Referee Brian Earley is presently reviewing this incident on tape and also will have further discussions with the chair umpire to determine whether this code violation will result in a fine, and, if so, the level of that fine. The decision regarding this matter will be issued tomorrow.
Any impact this code violation might have on Serena Williams’ Grand Slam probation would require the incident being ruled a major event. That determination will be made by the Grand Slam Committee Director.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- Wilson honors Serena
- Top industry execs at NYC forum
- Kasatkina extends contract with Tecnifibre
- ITA HoF to induct four
- Collins, Shane headline Invitational
- Free tennis clinic in Central Park
- Academia Sánchez-Casal int’l program
- Harrison and Gibbs named MVPs
- TIA HoF to induct Scott & Kraft
- TIA tennis forum in NYC