Zguns wins USPTA singles title
WESLEY CHAPEL, FLA. — Adrian Zguns of Orlando, Fla., won the men’s open title at the USPTA International Championships Thursday at the Saddlebrook Resort tennis courts in Wesley Chapel, Fla. Zguns earned the championship title by defeating Oren Motevassel from Sunnyvale, Calif., 6-3, 6-2.
The championships are open only to USPTA-certified tennis professionals and were played as part of the USPTA’s World Conference on Tennis, the premier educational event of the tennis industry. The conference is scheduled Sept. 19-24 at the Saddlebrook Resort in Wesley Chapel, Fla.
Founded in 1927, USPTA strives to raise the standards of the tennis profession while promoting greater awareness of the sport. USPTA offers 70 professional benefits to its more than 15,000 members worldwide, including certification and professional development. With more than 300 days of educational opportunities throughout the year, USPTA offers the most comprehensive continuing education program in the tennis industry. For more information, call 800-877-8248 or visit uspta.com.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- Babolat tribute to Li Na
- JTCC partners with Tecnifibre
- 8th annual Wailea Tennis Fantasy Camp
- U.S. Davis Cup team fights for tournament spot
- NetSuite to name new glass squash court
- Martin joins TIA Board
- Martin elected CEO of ITHF
- New BNPPO website to enhance user experience
- Egyptians and Brits dominate FISU Squash
- Cilic hammers 17 aces in winning first major