Petkovic reaches top 10
CHICAGO — This week’s rankings revealed a milestone for Andrea Petkovic, as she reached a career high No.10 on the WTA Tour. This is her first time on in the Top 10 and comes on the heels of her semifinal showing in Carlsbad. Armed with her Wilson Six.One Team BLX racquet, Andrea Petkovic is having a stellar year, reaching the quarterfinals of Australian Open and French Open and now finds herself in the quarterfinals of Rogers Cup after defeating Wimbledon Champ Petra Kvitova.
“Andrea is a long time Wilson player & a great ambassador for the game of tennis, “ said Renaud Vallon, Global Tour Director for Wilson Racquet Sports. “We are proud to have her on the team and look forward to supporting her future success.”
Petkovic will join fellow top ten player, Mardy Fish, in Wilson’s attempt to set the Guinness Book of World Record for the “Most people to bounce a tennis ball on their racquet in one location” on August 26, 2011 at the Billie Jean King Tennis Center in Flushing Meadows, NY. This is a special opportunity for players of all ages to meet world class athletes and set a world record. For more information on the event and how to win a trip to New York to help Andrea Petkovic, Mardy Fish & Wilson break the record, go to: facebook.com/wilsontennis
Catch up on all of the latest Wilson news including player interviews, latest wins and giveaways!
- Twitter www.twitter.com/wilsontennis
- Ustream http://www.ustream.tv/wilsontennis
- Facebook www.facebook.com/WilsonTennis
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- U.S. to host Slovak Republic in Davis Cup
- Jamba Juice and Venus announce expansion
- Tennis Channel to cover Davis Cup QFs
- Esurance sponsors Azarenka
- PTR and PlayYourCourt sign agreement
- Schedule set for Pro Circuit Wild Card Challenge
- Har-Tru introduces 'Be One with the Clay'
- Murray book released in the US
- Longoria extends tournament wins to 32
- Djokovic wins Indian Wells