Celebration of the Sport Set for Aug. 27
HILTON HEAD ISLAND, SC — The Tennis Show will debut Aug. 27 in New York City at the 2011 USTA Tennis Teachers Conference and will feature the TIA Tennis Forum and Tennis Industry Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony, exhibitors, a cocktail reception, prizes, a DJ and more.
The Tennis Show will kick off at 2 p.m. at the Grand Hyatt New York at Lexington Avenue and 42nd Street and will include the 5th Annual TIA Tennis Forum and the 4th Annual Tennis Industry Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony, which this year will honor coaching legend Nick Bollettieri. Those events will be followed by the Opening Session of the 41st Annual USTA Tennis Teachers Conference. All events for this one-day celebration of tennis will be held in the Grand Ballroom of the Grand Hyatt.
The exhibitor booths at The Tennis Show will be open from 2 to 5 p.m. At 5:30, the TIA Tennis Forum begins, featuring TIA President Jon Muir presenting some of the latest tennis industry research, data and initiatives. Muir will be followed by the Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony of Bollettieri.
At 6:15 p.m., the USTA Tennis Teachers Conference Opening Session begins, with USTA Player Development General Manager Patrick McEnroe and USTA Chief Executive of Community Tennis Kurt Kamperman. Then, at 7 p.m., the exhibitor booths reopen, combined with a cocktail reception, a DJ, and drawings for more than $12,000 in prizes donated by exhibitors. The Tennis Show will remain open until 9 p.m.
The USTA Tennis Teachers Conference is scheduled to run from Aug. 27 to 30 and will feature keynote speakers Rick Macci, Bollettieri and Jim Courier. (The US Open tennis tournament, the last Grand Slam event of the year, begins Aug. 29 in nearby Queens, N.Y.)
As the 2011 Tennis Industry Hall of Fame inductee, Bollettieri will join previous inductees Dennis Van der Meer (2008), Howard Head (2008), Alan Schwartz (2009) and Billie Jean King (2010). Plaques of Tennis Industry Hall of Fame inductees are on permanent display at the International Tennis Hall of Fame in Newport, R.I.
Companies and organizations currently registered to exhibit as well as those offering services at The Tennis Show include:
- 10-S Tennis Supply/Fast Dry Companies
- Babolat USA
- Connor Sport Court International
- Copeland Coating Co.
- Courtside Market LLC
- Dartfish USA
- Donnay USA
- Dunlop Sports Group
- Foerster Bhupathi Sports International
- Gamma Racquet Sports
- HEAD/Penn Racquet Sports
- Hybrid Tennis International, LLC
- Intercollegiate Tennis Association (ITA)
- NGI Sports
- Perfect Pick Up/TennTube
- Prince Sports
- Professional Tennis Registry
- Quick Lining System
- Racquet Sports Industry Magazine
- RiteWay Tennis Court Crack Repair
- Rocky Mountain Sports
- Tennis Industry Association
- Tennis Channel
- The Active Network
- TRX/Fitness Anywhere LLC
- U.S. Professional Tennis Association
- Wilson Sporting Goods Co.
- World Class Athletic Surfaces
For more information on The Tennis Show visit TennisShow.com. Visit USTA.com/ttc for additional information regarding the USTA Tennis Teachers Conference. For any additional questions regarding The Tennis Show attendance and information, contact the TIA at (843) 686-3036 x.223.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- Babolat continues Roland Garros partnership
- Public Tennis grants wheelchair scholarships
- USTA forges medical partnership
- TIA partners with Sports Club Advisors
- Ashaway ZyMax Fire sparks global appeal
- Selmi honored by ITHF and ITF
- Comprehensive RG coverage from Tennis Channel
- Young Guns Contest Season 2
- Murray celebrates birthday with masters title
- Serena's major wins to be aired back-to-back