About Dunlop’s Biomimetic Technology
GREENVILLE, SC — Biomimetics means to ‘imitate life,’ and each of Dunlop’s Biomimetic rackets do just that — they draw their key design features from some of nature’s most evolved creatures: the shark, the bee, and the gecko.
The three technologies that fall under the Biomimetic umbrella are: Aeroskin: The patented technology strategically applied to the surface of Biomimetic rackets. Like the skin of a shark, Aeroskin features tiny riblets that reduce aerodynamic drag by up to 25% for increased racket head speed and power.
HM6 Carbon: A newly designed carbon compound that mimics the hexagonal structure of a honeycomb, one of nature’s strongest and most efficient structures. The HM6 carbon is placed between Aerogel*- enhanced carbon to reduce racket vibration by up to 10% for ultimate energy return and feel. (See image below.)
Gecko-Tac: The name given to Dunlop’s new grip surface treatment. Much like the pads found on a gecko’s feet, which can cling upside down to even wet surfaces, Gecko-Tac grip provides up to 50% more grip and tack than previous Dunlop grips, giving players greater feel and precision with their racket.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- USTA awarded millions in 2014
- Elshorbagy is 2015 ToC champion
- Rodriguez claims Motor City Open 2015
- Hestley earns PTR Master of Tennis
- HEAD extends partnership Djokovic
- Ashe to PTR Hall of Fame
- 90 seconds can change everything
- Wilson releases Rush Pro 2.0 shoe
- Key industry conferences set for March
- Johnston named USTA Pro of the Year