WPRO Names Rock as New Commissioner
Maryland, USA — The Women’s Professional Racquetball Tour today announced that it has wrapped up its search for a new commissioner, and named Gigi Rock to replace outgoing Shannon Feaster in the tour’s top administrative post.
Known for her boldness, outspoken honesty, and no nonsense approach, Rock is President and Owner of Gigi Rock Productions, and will begin the day-to-day operations as Commissioner for the WPRO, effective July 12.
Although she’s not a racquetball player in her own right, Rock is a quick study, who promises a fresh, new business approach to the WPRO. “I’ve been in business for many years now and began my sports experience in golf. I would have never looked for a position like this but my entire career has lead me in this direction and I am thrilled to have the opportunity to build upon the success of the WPRO and help it develop into a world-class tour and business,” Rock said in a statement. I have worked for clients from Super Bowls to Olympic events — and everything in between — and will be charged with furthering the WPRO’s brand.
“We are confident that Gigi’s proven marketing, brand management and sponsorship development skills will take the WPRO to the next level,” said former commissioner Shannon Feaster, who led the tour for five seasons. “It is time for these athletes to get the recognition and compensation they deserve and for racquetball to be in the forefront of the sporting industry where it belongs.”
The Rock Files:
- Name: Gigi Rock
- Age: LOL
- College: University of Lincoln Nebraska & Bellevue University
- Hometown: Born and raised in the military; married a military man; no real ‘hometown’
- Residence: Arizona
- Other: Motto: Concept to Completion - Anything is Possible!! A strong leader with a motivational management style and reputation for building high class events and marketing brands. A results-oriented achiever with an excellent record of accomplishment, identifying opportunities to accelerated growth and minimizing the risk factor for the lifetime of the project.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- Better tennis through science
- USPTA partners with TrueCar
- PTR Instructing Wheelchair Tennis Workshop
- Ashaway offers new bulk reels
- Pro introduces children to the magic of tennis
- USTA honors 12 outstanding facilities
- TGA launches first franchise in Oregon
- Orr joins HEAD Penn team
- Longacre named acting head pro
- Tennis Channel to cover US Open Series