Fish invites kids to join World Record attempt
US #1 pro tennis player Mardy Fish announced today that he will lead Wilson’s attempt to set the Guinness Book of World Records record for the “Most people to bounce a tennis ball on their racquet in one location” on August 26, 2011 at the Billie Jean King Tennis Center in Flushing Meadows, NY.
To kickoff the NYC event, Mardy Fish was at the Atlanta Tennis Championship Wilson Kids Clinic to choose one lucky fan to join him in NYC. Fish asked the kids to show their skills with a tennis ball & racket by performing their best trick. Jacob Shelton was chosen for his Irish dance step & through the legs bounce.
“I can’t believe I won a trip to go to NYC, one of the best cities in the world. To be going with Mardy, one of the best tennis players in the world & Wilson, it’s just awesome,” said the thrilled 13 year old Jacob Shelton.
Mardy Fish and the Wilson are encouraging kids to get fit and get into sport. One of the first things players learn when starting the game, is to bounce the ball on their racket so with that in mind and the initiative to get active, the first 500 kids to participate in the record attempt will receive a free Wilson jr. racquet and a can of tennis balls so they can get started right away!
For more information on the event or how to win a trip to New York to help Mardy Fish & Wilson break the record, go to: facebook.com/wilsontennis.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- Istomin wins first ATP title
- WTT poised for growth, says BJK
- Hingis named Global Ambassador for ITHF
- MonoGut ZX Black offers versatility and playability
- USTA to host fifth annual job fair
- Blake to coach Aviators for opener
- El Shorbagy, World Number 1
- Tennis Channel launches Racquet Bracket
- Record ratings for Tennis Channel
- Peggy Edwards receives 2015 APEX Award