Former Pros Coach Juniors at Camp A.C.E.
Junior tennis players from across USTA Eastern got a chance to improve their games and learn about careers in professional tennis this week, as they received coaching from four former professional tennis players — Katrina Adams, Leslie Allen, Rodney Harmon and Ann Koger — at the section’s 13th Annual Camp A.C.E.
The juniors, ages 14-17, were taught from the former players at Ramapo College of New Jersey, where Camp A.C.E. (Achieving through Coaching and Education) is being held. The camp, which runs from July 24 -30, is a National Junior Tennis and Learning (NJTL) Regional Leadership camp, which provides world class tennis and fitness instruction, and sessions on finance, careers, and college admissions.
“We are very pleased to have these four great coaches at the camp this year,” said Linda Mann, Managing Director of Community Tennis Development for USTA Eastern. “Not only are they outstanding instructors, but they are also able to share their experiences and insights into professional tennis with the next generation of tennis players.”
In addition to the visit by the pros, the camp included a trip to the Museum of American Finance on Wall Street, and will feature a Jr. Team Tennis tournament, a writing session for the USTA Arthur Ashe Essay Contest, and a seminar on careers in sports administration from top executives at the USTA.
RSI.com News search
Latest RSI.com News
- Davis Cup tickets to go on sale Dec. 6th
- ASBA releases informative video
- Tennis Channel to rebroadcast French Open
- SGI, PHIT America announce 'Challenge'
- NYJTL honors Tennis Channel and Solomon
- Mylan WTT relocates; Roddick to star on team
- TGA Premier Youth Tennis launches 22nd franchise
- Ashaway named the Official String of PTR
- eBay Hire joins PTR
- Ashaway to sponsor junior squash tournament