Kvitova reaches Top 10
[CHICAGO] — With her Tour BLX racquet, Petra Kvitova won her third title of the year as she defeated Victora Azarenka at the Madrid Open. Kvitova stayed strong throughout the match and won 7-6 (7-3) 6-4 against fourth seed Azarenka. Part of her win is attributed to the 40 winners she had throughout the 2 sets.
Winning the Madrid title marks Kvitova first WTA Tour Premier title and her arrival into the world’s top 10. And she’s not far behind former #1 in the world, Jelena Jankovic for the #9 spot. Kvitova has already had a strong start to 2011 with wins in Brisbane and Paris.
“Petra has been a part of the Wilson team since 2007 and has had her best results with Wilson, “ said Renaud Vallon, Global Tour Director for Wilson Racquet Sports. “We are thrilled to see her recent success and know there is much more to come.”
Keep an eye out for Kvitova and all her Wilson gear as she continues her streak into the French Open in a few weeks.
Catch up on all of the latest Wilson news from Paris including player interviews, latest wins and giveaways!
- Twitter twitter.com/wilsontennis
- Ustream ustream.tv/wilsontennis
- Facebook facebook.com/WilsonTennis
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- Venus leads U.S. Fed Cup team
- adidas shows creativity defines athletes
- Couchmans advised ITF on BNP Paribas renewal
- Longoria starts 2016 with a win
- PowerShares announces player fields
- Drysdale partners with Cincinnati TC
- Sinclair to acquire Tennis Channel
- Tennis CoachEd gets boosts
- USPTA extends NetKnacks partnership
- PlaySight partners with Tennis Media Company