Instructing Wheelchair Tennis Workshop
Hilton Head Island, SC — Professional Tennis Registry (PTR) in conjunction with USTA Texas, held a Instructing Wheelchair Tennis Workshop at Circle C Tennis Center in Austin, Texas. Instructing Wheelchair Tennis gives tennis teachers the opportunity to learn from a wheelchair to better understand mobility and weight transfer issues.
The workshop was conducted by PTR Clinician and Tester, Geoff Norton, former coach of the USA World Cup Team. The host was PTR Master Professional and Circle C Director of Tennis, Fernando Velasco. The workshop was organized by USTA Texas Wheelchair Coordinator, Taylor Helfeldt. Several USTA Texas TSRs participated in the April 29 workshop, including Cindy Benzon, Sam Jones, Amanda Knight and Katy Rogers.
The attendees enjoyed a special treat when surprise guest, International Tennis Hall of Famer Dennis Ralston, with his recent prosthetic, joined them for lunch and shared his story.
PTR’s next Instructing Wheelchair Tennis Workshop with be held September 18 on Hilton Head Island, South Carolina.
PTR is the largest global organization of tennis teaching professionals with more than 14,000 members in 121 countries. It has the greatest percentage of multicultural and women members of any such organization. PTR is dedicated to educating, certifying and servicing tennis teachers and coaches around the world in order to grow the game.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- Head extends partnership with Stephens
- Tennis Channel adds on-air talent
- PTR on board with Coach Youth Tennis
- Agassi, Sampras, and Lendl honored
- Babolat: The legendary experience of the Majors
- Esguerra named PTR WI Member of the Year
- Burke named PTR GA Member of the Year
- Pugh receives PTR USTA Community Service Award
- Blouin named PTR Int'l Master Professional
- Godreau named PTR MS Member of the Year