Entry Deadlines for Last US Open Sectionals
The deadlines are approaching for entry into the last five US Open National Playoff Sectional Qualifying Tournaments. The US Open National Playoffs is a series of tournaments that gives any player 14 years of age or older who meets the eligibility requirements the opportunity to qualify for the 2011 US Open.
The Sectional Qualifying Tournaments include a men’s singles, women’s singles and mixed doubles division. With a maximum of a 256 singles draw and a 128 mixed doubles team draw, players/teams will compete in a single elimination draw. The winner of each Sectional Qualifying Tournament in each division (men’s singles, women’s singles, mixed doubles) will advance to the US Open National Playoffs Championships in their respective division.
The entry deadlines for the remaining Sectional Qualifying Tournaments are:
- June 2: USTA Southern California, to be played at The Claremont Club, Claremont, CA, June 13-17
- June 5: USTA Northern, to be played at the Baseline Tennis Center, Minneapolis, MN, June 23-27
- June 6: USTA Texas, to be played at the Arlington Tennis Center, Arlington, TX, June 20-25
- June 8: USTA Missouri Valley, to be played at the Westwood Tennis Center, Norman, OK, June 22-26
- June 20: USTA Southern, to be played at the Windward Lake Club, Alpharetta, GA, July 1-6
The US Open National Playoffs Championship will take place in New Haven, CT, at Yale University during the New Haven Open at Yale (a WTA event/part of the Olympus US Open Series). The Men’s Singles Championship and Women’s Singles Championship will be August 18-21, with the Mixed Doubles Championship taking place August 24-27.
The winner of each Singles Championship (1 male, 1 female) will receive a wild-card into the 2011 US Open Qualifying Tournament (August 23-26) and the winner of the Mixed Doubles Championship (1 team) will receive a wild-card entry to compete in the 2011 US Open Mixed Doubles Championship (commencing August 31) at the USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center.
For more information, usopen.org.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- Gullikson to retire from full-time coaching
- USTA names Maya new CTO
- Head launches MXG racquet technology
- Dalton Enterprises joins TIA
- New venue for NCAA championships
- Ashaway adds SuperNick ZX squash string
- U-M captures national championship
- ITA and Sports Interiors announce partnership
- Promoter of the Year Award Winners
- Solinco signs the Bryan Brothers