ITF’s Miley Joins TIA Board of Directors
Dave Miley, the International Tennis Federation’s executive director of Tennis Development, is the newest member of the Tennis Industry Association’s board of directors.
“We’re pleased to have Dave as the ITF representative,” said TIA Executive Director Jolyn de Boer. “We’re certain his contribution and involvement will help further the communication among our U.S. and global partners.”
Miley, who joined the ITF in 1991, is responsible for overseeing the non-professional activities of the ITF, including junior, senior and wheelchair tennis, and science and technical activities, as well as the ITF’s Development Program. His job has taken him to more than 130 countries, advising national tennis association, conducting workshops and directing junior training programs.
An Irish national men’s doubles champion, Miley also chaired the ITF Intro to Tennis Task Force, which was instrumental in the development and implementation of the recently launched ITF “Tennis Play and Stay” campaign (similar to the USTA’s “10 and Under Tennis” initiative) and the Tennis10s rule change that aims to increase tennis participation worldwide.
The TIA is the not-for-profit trade association for tennis, and THE unifying force in the tennis industry whose mission is to promote the growth and economic vitality of tennis by working closely with the USTA and industry partners to develop and implement initiatives to increase tennis participation and improve the health of industry businesses. For more information, visit TennisIndustry.org or call 866-686-3036.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- PTR on board with Coach Youth Tennis
- Agassi, Sampras, and Lendl honored
- Babolat: The legendary experience of the Majors
- Esguerra named PTR WI Member of the Year
- Burke named PTR GA Member of the Year
- Pugh receives PTR USTA Community Service Award
- Blouin named PTR Int'l Master Professional
- Godreau named PTR MS Member of the Year
- Van B. Stafford named PTR OH Member of the Year
- GAMMA Glide is revolutionary