Top Ranked 6-Pack on Tennis Channel
Tennis Channel’s Monday (3-28-11) lineup at the Sony Ericsson Open in Miami features six No. 1 or former No. 1 singles players. The network’s day-long coverage started at 11 a.m. ET with former No. 1 Maria Sharapova’s match (d. Samantha Stosur), followed by current No. 1 Caroline Wozniacki (lost to Andrea Petkovic).
Former men’s No. 1 Roger Federer played in the late afternoon (d. Juan Monaco), just prior to current No. 1 Rafael Nadal (vs. Feliciano Lopez). Topping off the day is a contest between two former No. 1 women: Kim Clijsters and Ana Ivanovic.
Appropriately, Tennis Channel has its own former No. 1 in the television booth during the women’s matches today: three-time Grand Slam singles champion Lindsay Davenport.
On Tuesday the network will again feature close to 12 hours of live men’s and women’s coverage, beginning with first ball at 11 a.m. ET. For more information visit tennischannel.com
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- Head extends partnership with Stephens
- Tennis Channel adds on-air talent
- PTR on board with Coach Youth Tennis
- Agassi, Sampras, and Lendl honored
- Babolat: The legendary experience of the Majors
- Esguerra named PTR WI Member of the Year
- Burke named PTR GA Member of the Year
- Pugh receives PTR USTA Community Service Award
- Blouin named PTR Int'l Master Professional
- Godreau named PTR MS Member of the Year