Top Ranked 6-Pack on Tennis Channel
Tennis Channel’s Monday (3-28-11) lineup at the Sony Ericsson Open in Miami features six No. 1 or former No. 1 singles players. The network’s day-long coverage started at 11 a.m. ET with former No. 1 Maria Sharapova’s match (d. Samantha Stosur), followed by current No. 1 Caroline Wozniacki (lost to Andrea Petkovic).
Former men’s No. 1 Roger Federer played in the late afternoon (d. Juan Monaco), just prior to current No. 1 Rafael Nadal (vs. Feliciano Lopez). Topping off the day is a contest between two former No. 1 women: Kim Clijsters and Ana Ivanovic.
Appropriately, Tennis Channel has its own former No. 1 in the television booth during the women’s matches today: three-time Grand Slam singles champion Lindsay Davenport.
On Tuesday the network will again feature close to 12 hours of live men’s and women’s coverage, beginning with first ball at 11 a.m. ET. For more information visit tennischannel.com
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- PTR to host Directors of Tennis Conference
- More TV time for DC's Citi Open than ever
- New Babolat Pure Aero
- Tennis Channel's summer season
- HEAD Penn players win at Pan Am Games
- Penn is the official ball of CIF
- Bringing tennis to children with 'Emirates Returns'
- Live coverage of Boston-Philadelphia WTT
- ASBA announces new tennis courts manual
- 2015 US Open Series launches in Atlanta