RSI’s Raven strings at BNP Paribas Open
Racquet Sports Industry Associate Editor Greg Raven, a Master Racquet Technician, has been asked to string at the 2011 BNP Paribas Open, March 7-20, as a member of the Star Stringing team.
Raven, who writes and edits many of the racquet stringing and customization articles in RSI, has been stringing since 2001, including at pro events. Last year, he helped out at the BNP Paribas Open during the first week of the tournament, after one of the stringers had a family emergency. He prepared racquets for Robin Soderling, Carlos Moya, Na Li, Justine Henin, Jelena Jankovic, Samantha Stosur, Karolina Sprem, Coco Vandeweghe, Fabia Fognini, Wayne Odesnik, Katarina Srebotnik, Stefan Koubek, Potito Starace, Igor Andreev, Virginia Razzano, Sorana Cirstea, and many other pro players.
RSI published an article based on Raven’s tournament experiences in its August 2010 issue. Most recently, Raven wrote the comprehensive “How Synthetic Strings Are Made” story that appeared in RSI’s March 2011 issue.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- CDT partners rank in the top 10
- El-Sherbini new world number one
- YTEX sponsors Junior Open
- Carson wins Florida Pro-Am
- PlaySight announces USTA partnership
- Another event, another win for Longoria
- Agassi to replay 1996 Olympic gold match
- FILA and ITHF launch new program
- Tennis is first to endorse ‘CEO Pledge’
- Castagnet switches to Ashaway