RSI’s Raven strings at BNP Paribas Open
Racquet Sports Industry Associate Editor Greg Raven, a Master Racquet Technician, has been asked to string at the 2011 BNP Paribas Open, March 7-20, as a member of the Star Stringing team.
Raven, who writes and edits many of the racquet stringing and customization articles in RSI, has been stringing since 2001, including at pro events. Last year, he helped out at the BNP Paribas Open during the first week of the tournament, after one of the stringers had a family emergency. He prepared racquets for Robin Soderling, Carlos Moya, Na Li, Justine Henin, Jelena Jankovic, Samantha Stosur, Karolina Sprem, Coco Vandeweghe, Fabia Fognini, Wayne Odesnik, Katarina Srebotnik, Stefan Koubek, Potito Starace, Igor Andreev, Virginia Razzano, Sorana Cirstea, and many other pro players.
RSI published an article based on Raven’s tournament experiences in its August 2010 issue. Most recently, Raven wrote the comprehensive “How Synthetic Strings Are Made” story that appeared in RSI’s March 2011 issue.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- Hat-trick for Berdych, Cilic, and Murray
- ASBA announces 2014 Technical Meeting
- Ashaway sponsors Swain
- Tavistock Development welcomes new executives
- Game arranging without the hassle or cost
- Parents invited to session with Bollettieri
- Tennis Channel's coverage of the WTA Championships
- USPTA renews partnership with Rezilient
- Tennis Channel championship run-up
- Gaultier defeats Shabana