Dunlop Tour Team Wins for 3rd Consecutive Week
GREENVILLE, SC — Career win number 200 was an especially sweet one for Dunlop’s Nicolas Almagro; it earned him his ninth career ATP World Tour Title, and second in as many weeks. The Spaniard took out Juan Ignacio Chela 6-3, 3-6, 6-4 in Buenos Aires, Argentina in the final of the Copa Claro on Sunday.
Almagro, who has won nine consecutive matches now with his Biomimetic 500 Tour (to be released in March), had to play two matches on Saturday due to rain before triumphing in the two hour affair Sunday. The deciding set permanently tilted towards ‘Nico’ when he broke Chela in the seventh game. “It wasn’t easy because of the wind and we both had trouble with it. In the first set I was really aggressive, but in the second I made a few unforced errors that cost me the set. In the third I had to repeat what I did in the first set and happily I could do it to win,” said Almagro.
“These incredible results by our Tour Team speak volumes to the benefits of Dunlop’s Biomimetic technology,” said Kai Nitsche, Dunlop’s Vice President of Racket Sports. “Aeroskin, HM6 carbon and Gecko Tac grip make a difference in players’ games- from the elite down to the recreational levels. We’re excited to have Nico’s racket released to retailers in just a few weeks’ time.”
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- Tennibot wins TIA Innovation Challenge
- Easter Bowl coming to Indian Wells
- USTA and Head Penn renew partnership
- Snodgrass partners with TIA
- First for real-time biometric data
- Tickets available for Fed Cup semifinal
- TennisClub.com partners with TIA
- Berger to step down at USTA
- Tennis Channel adds 7.8M Nielsen homes
- Oracle unveils awards for young pros