Nominations Open for 2011 Tennis Industry HoF
Nominations are now being accepted for the 4th Annual Tennis Industry Hall of Fame award, which recognizes those individuals who have made a significant impact on and contribution to the sport, from the 1960s to the present. The final inductees will be honored in New York City, just before the start of the US Open during the USTA Tennis Teachers Conference at the 5th Annual TIA Tennis Forum.
Nominations, which are due by June 30, 2011, can be made in four categories—inventors, founders, innovators and contributors—by visiting TennisIndustry.org/HOF.
The Tennis Industry Hall of Fame was created in 2008. The first two inductees were Dennis Van der Meer and the late Howard Head. In 2009, Alan Schwartz was the sole inductee, followed in 2010 by Billie Jean King. There is a Tennis Industry Hall of Fame section, including plaques on permanent display, at the International Tennis Hall of Fame in Newport, R.I.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- PTR to host Directors of Tennis Conference
- More TV time for DC's Citi Open than ever
- New Babolat Pure Aero
- Tennis Channel's summer season
- HEAD Penn players win at Pan Am Games
- Penn is the official ball of CIF
- Bringing tennis to children with 'Emirates Returns'
- Live coverage of Boston-Philadelphia WTT
- ASBA announces new tennis courts manual
- 2015 US Open Series launches in Atlanta