Nominations Open for 2011 Tennis Industry HoF
Nominations are now being accepted for the 4th Annual Tennis Industry Hall of Fame award, which recognizes those individuals who have made a significant impact on and contribution to the sport, from the 1960s to the present. The final inductees will be honored in New York City, just before the start of the US Open during the USTA Tennis Teachers Conference at the 5th Annual TIA Tennis Forum.
Nominations, which are due by June 30, 2011, can be made in four categories—inventors, founders, innovators and contributors—by visiting TennisIndustry.org/HOF.
The Tennis Industry Hall of Fame was created in 2008. The first two inductees were Dennis Van der Meer and the late Howard Head. In 2009, Alan Schwartz was the sole inductee, followed in 2010 by Billie Jean King. There is a Tennis Industry Hall of Fame section, including plaques on permanent display, at the International Tennis Hall of Fame in Newport, R.I.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- TGA launches first franchise in Oregon
- Longacre named acting head pro
- Five enshrined in ITHF
- Hewitt and Sock into Newport semifinals
- Groth and Karlovic into Newport semifinals
- Hall of Fame Championships quarterfinals
- US Open prize money to increase
- Velocity app: Hands-free speed radar
- NO.1VAK - HEAD's exclusive interview
- Isner, Hewitt, Mahut, Sock into round of 16