HEAD Launches New YouTek Racquets
HEAD proudly presents the second generation of YouTek™ Speed racquets, which again has been developed with and for world No. 3 player Novak Djokovic. The new YouTek™ IG Speed Series combines the best feature of the well-accepted YouTek™, d3o™, with HEAD’s new Innegra™ fiber technology.
HEAD’s YouTek™ concept aims to provide tennis players with the perfect racquets for their individual game. The new YouTek™ IG Speed is specially designed for the needs of players like Novak Djokovic. Innegra™ promises to bring racquet innovation to another level. Extremely tough and light, Innegra™ has the lowest density of any existing fiber and, combined with carbon fiber, forms an ultra-tough hybrid-composite structure. The result: improved stability and increased shock absorption. Racquet vibration from ball impact is reduced by up to 17 percent, yielding unmatched control and precision.
Similar to Formula 1 racing where Innegra™ fiber technology is used to extend the performance and durability on a very high level, HEAD’s new frame structure considerably extends the performance of all HEAD YouTek™ IG Speed racquets to the highest level, giving it consistent performance over the entire life of the frame.
HEAD racquet rebel Novak Djokovic is excited to play at the upcoming Australian Open with his new weapon of choice: “The name is Speed, and the racquet gives me a lot of speed in this aggressive game. We have been working hard on the racquet in order to improve it as much as possible.”
The five YouTek™ IG Speed Series racquets now also include a 300 gram MP version for easier playability. All of them are offering a distinctive differentiation towards existing YouTekTM models with unique new design elements.
See below for more details on the different versions of the new YouTek™ Speed IG series:
YouTek IG Speed MP: The Speed MP is the perfect combination of power and control for heavy hitters with a long fast swing style. It is available in three models, accommodating a wide range of players. You’ll never want to put this racquet down!
- YouTek IG Speed MP 18/20: The MP 18/20 is Novak Djokovic’s Weapon of Choice
- YouTek IG Speed MP 16/19: The MP 16/19 has a more open string pattern and a slightly longer length for added reach.
- YouTek IG Speed 300: The MP 300 is a slightly more powerful version with added maneuverability
- YouTek IG Speed Elite: A Tour Light version providing complete tour performance with greater maneuverability. The slightly wider beam gives it even more power.
- YouTek IG Speed Lite: This is the lightest racquet in the Speed series. A great tweener providing the perfect combination of power, manoeuvrability, control and feel. It’s the excellent tour racquet for players with a moderate swing style.
The YouTek IG Speed MP 18/20, 16/19 and Lite models will be available in stores the week of January 17. The YouTek IG Speed 300 and Elite models will be available in early March.
Visit head.com to find out What’s Your Game and also find HEAD’s newest Facebook application at facebook.com/headtennis. Videos of Novak Djokovic and the new YouTek IG Speed racquet line can be found here: youtube.com/headtennis#p/u/9/kbvXURa_M1w
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- USPTA pros help raise $22K for military families
- Babolat tribute to Li Na
- JTCC partners with Tecnifibre
- Stenning and Woolard named Life Trustees
- 8th annual Wailea Tennis Fantasy Camp
- U.S. Davis Cup team fights for tournament spot
- NetSuite to name new glass squash court
- Martin joins TIA Board
- Martin elected CEO of ITHF
- New BNPPO website to enhance user experience