Wilson Juniors Victorious at Eddie Herr
[CHICAGO] — In head to toe Wilson, Katarina Jokic outlasted Anastasia Nefedova 6-3, 6-0 to win the Eddie Herr G12s singles championship. Known for her aggressive baseline game, the 12 year old used her Tour BLX racquet to take the title. The match was filled with long baseline rallies, and Jokic reliable groundstrokes helped her stay above her opponent. Katarina has played with a Wilson racquet and recently became a Wilson exclusive player by adding Wilson apparel and footwear to her game. Wilson is proud to have the new champion on the team and looks forward to her future success.
Another Wilson exclusive player, Peter Ashley defeated Clement Geens 2-6, 6-3, 6-1 in the B14s singles final. Ashley’s endurance and aggressive style of play helped him dig deep after losing the first set. The 14 year old plays with the Pro Tour BLX racquet and is now 100% Wilson with his Tour Trance shoes and Wilson apparel. Check out Ashley’s take on his Wilson gear at youtube.com/watch?v=8UIORhcPhV0
The girls division was completely dominated by Wilson champions and each title was won with a Wilson racquet!
18’s Lauren Davis
16’s Samantha Crawford
14’s Francoise Abanda
12’s Katarina Jokic
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- ASBA honors distinguished sports facilities
- Viking announces new GM
- Dunlop to distribute Diadora footwear
- Babolat launches new Origin string
- Davis Cup tickets to go on sale Dec. 6th
- ASBA releases informative video
- Tennis Channel to rebroadcast French Open
- SGI, PHIT America announce 'Challenge'
- NYJTL honors Tennis Channel and Solomon
- Mylan WTT relocates; Roddick to star on team