Tennis Retailers See Light at the End of the Tunnel
Times are still hard at pro/specialty tennis retailers but they are starting to see some light at the end of the tunnel. Shipments into the trade for rackets $50 wholesale are up 7.6% through the end of Q3. And while this hasn’t fully reached the consumer yet, pro/specialty retailers are reporting a modest increase in racket sales for the year to date through the end of October with +3% in dollars.
Here’s what some of the TIA’s retailer panel were saying during a recent wave of interviews:
2nd half slower than 1st but still ahead for the year “Picking up a little” Activity and traffic picking up - customers willing to spend but still looking for deals, Black Friday up over 40% Times still rough but improving Small improvement in Consumer Confidence but not all the way back
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- Babolat presents connected tennis
- adidas Roland Garros Collection by Y-3
- CopperWynd announces new Director of Tennis
- ITA secures partnership with Oracle
- Ashaway introduces ZyMax 62 Fire
- Tecnifibre launches ‘Young Guns’ contest
- More facilities offer 'Try Tennis Free'
- Tennis Channel adds two new shows
- Pros attend Cardio Tennis Trainer Summit
- PlayTennis.com gets key upgrades