Tennis Retailers See Light at the End of the Tunnel
Times are still hard at pro/specialty tennis retailers but they are starting to see some light at the end of the tunnel. Shipments into the trade for rackets $50 wholesale are up 7.6% through the end of Q3. And while this hasn’t fully reached the consumer yet, pro/specialty retailers are reporting a modest increase in racket sales for the year to date through the end of October with +3% in dollars.
Here’s what some of the TIA’s retailer panel were saying during a recent wave of interviews:
2nd half slower than 1st but still ahead for the year “Picking up a little” Activity and traffic picking up - customers willing to spend but still looking for deals, Black Friday up over 40% Times still rough but improving Small improvement in Consumer Confidence but not all the way back
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- Anne Krupp Memorial Scholarship
- Kudla takes 'Young Guns Contest'
- ATP renews agreement with Tennis Channel
- Edberg honored with Hall of Fame Ring
- TGA launches Minneapolis franchise
- Wilson launches Ultra racquet
- Pala receives Fed Cup Award
- Murray launches new Radicals
- Czechs to take on Russia in Fed Cup
- Live season-ending championships