Tennis Retailers See Light at the End of the Tunnel
Times are still hard at pro/specialty tennis retailers but they are starting to see some light at the end of the tunnel. Shipments into the trade for rackets $50 wholesale are up 7.6% through the end of Q3. And while this hasn’t fully reached the consumer yet, pro/specialty retailers are reporting a modest increase in racket sales for the year to date through the end of October with +3% in dollars.
Here’s what some of the TIA’s retailer panel were saying during a recent wave of interviews:
2nd half slower than 1st but still ahead for the year “Picking up a little” Activity and traffic picking up - customers willing to spend but still looking for deals, Black Friday up over 40% Times still rough but improving Small improvement in Consumer Confidence but not all the way back
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- PTR to host Directors of Tennis Conference
- More TV time for DC's Citi Open than ever
- New Babolat Pure Aero
- Tennis Channel's summer season
- HEAD Penn players win at Pan Am Games
- Penn is the official ball of CIF
- Bringing tennis to children with 'Emirates Returns'
- Live coverage of Boston-Philadelphia WTT
- ASBA announces new tennis courts manual
- 2015 US Open Series launches in Atlanta