Prince and Sharapova Calling it Quits
Bordentown, NJ — Prince Sports and Maria Sharapova today jointly announced that their partnership of over ten years will be coming to an end. Sharapova has been playing Prince since she was nine years old and won the Australian Open, Wimbledon and the US Open with Prince racquets.
Sharapova’s contract with Prince allowed the parties to mutually agree to end the relationship this year and Sharapova and Prince have decided to do so. Commenting on the announcement, Gordon Boggis, CEO of Prince Sports said:
“Maria has been a great partner for Prince and we are delighted that together with Prince she achieved three Grand Slam titles and numerous other successes. I would like to thank her for all the support she has given to us and wish her all the very best for the future.”
Maria Sharapova added:
“I have thoroughly enjoyed my partnership with Prince. Their racquets helped me to three great slam victories and much more. I will always retain nothing but the highest admiration for Prince.”
As the partnership is wound down, Prince will continue to have the rights to market and sell Maria Sharapova signature line products throughout 2011.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- PTR to host Directors of Tennis Conference
- More TV time for DC's Citi Open than ever
- New Babolat Pure Aero
- Tennis Channel's summer season
- HEAD Penn players win at Pan Am Games
- Penn is the official ball of CIF
- Bringing tennis to children with 'Emirates Returns'
- Live coverage of Boston-Philadelphia WTT
- ASBA announces new tennis courts manual
- 2015 US Open Series launches in Atlanta