Dunlop World No.1 Tennis Ball Announcement
Dunlop, the world’s leading clay court tennis ball, announces that its partnership agreement with the French Open will not be renewed. As a result, Dunlop will put all its efforts into sponsoring the full European clay court season leading up to the French Open.
In 2010, the Dunlop ball made history by becoming the first to be used for the entire clay court season, including the prestigious ATP Masters 1000 events in Rome, Madrid and Monte Carlo. In achieving this remarkable feat, Dunlop gave the players an opportunity to play with a consistent, premium quality ball for the entire clay court season.
Gerard Tsobanian, President of the Madrid Masters, said: “We needed a partner that could provide premium quality tennis balls for the elite athletes that the ATP 1000 Masters clay court events attract. For us there was only one brand that could deliver this and that brand was Dunlop. Through this partnership, we are able to provide the players with the perfect scenario of consistency of ball through the European clay court season of tournaments.”
Sunny Singh, Head of Sports Marketing for Dunlop, said: “We have decided to concentrate on our sponsorship of the full clay court season prior to the French Open. Dunlop is immensely proud of its unrivaled portfolio of sponsorships and our intention is to maximize the full value of these properties during the main European clay court season.”
Dunlop’s history making portfolio includes:
- ATP World Tour Masters 1000, Monte Carlo Rolex Masters
- ATP World Tour 500, Barcelona Open Banco Sabadell
- ATP World Tour Masters 1000, Internazionali BNL d’Italia, Rome
- ATP World Tour 250, BMW Open, Munich
- ATP World Tour 250, Estoril Open
- ATP World Tour Masters 1000, Mutua Madrileña Madrid Open
- ATP World Tour 250, Open de Nice Côte d’Azur
- WTA Premier, Porsche Tennis Grand Prix, Stuttgart
- WTA Premier, Internazionali BNL dItalia, Rome
- WTA International, Estoril Open
- WTA Premier Mandatory, Mutua Madrileña Madrid Open
- WTA Premier, Family Circle Cup, Charleston, S.C.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- ASBA honors distinguished sports facilities
- Viking announces new GM
- Dunlop to distribute Diadora footwear
- Babolat launches new Origin string
- Davis Cup tickets to go on sale Dec. 6th
- ASBA releases informative video
- Tennis Channel to rebroadcast French Open
- SGI, PHIT America announce 'Challenge'
- NYJTL honors Tennis Channel and Solomon
- Mylan WTT relocates; Roddick to star on team