Venus to Visit Boys & Girls Club
Tennis superstar Venus Williams has teamed with EA SPORTS Active to motivate Americans to get active through the Presidential Active Lifestyle Award (PALA), a President’s Challenge program of the President’s Council on Fitness, Sports and Nutrition (PCFSN) that challenges youth to do 60 minutes and adults to do 30 minutes of physical activity, five days a week for six weeks.
To help institute this program and make it a reality for many, EA SPORTS will be making donation of $50,000 worth of EA SPORTS Active 2, a new interactive fitness program, to Boys & Girls Clubs of America.
Venus Williams; PCFSN Executive Director Shellie Pfohl; Boys & Girls Club of America Senior Director, Sports, Fitness & Recreation Wayne Moss; and Peter Moore, President of EA SPORTS will be available to:
- Speak to the importance of getting active and offer practical advice to help people everywhere remove barriers to a healthy lifestyle
- Explain why Venus has teamed with EA SPORTS Active to motivate Americans to get active through the Presidential Active Lifestyle Award (PALA)
- How Venus stays healthy and fit while not competing on the WTA tennis circuit
Demo EA SPORTS Active 2 on the day of its launch
WHEN: 1:00 p.m. - 2:30 p.m. ET Tues., Nov. 16, 2010
WHERE: Kips Bay Boys & Girls Club 1930 Randall Avenue Bronx
EA SPORTS Active 2 with Total Body Tracking combines an innovative heart rate monitor with motion tracking data that delivers accurate, measurable results for the best possible workout.
President’s Challenge programs including the PALA encourage Americans of all ages, backgrounds and abilities to engage in regular physical activity to jumpstart or maintain a healthy lifestyle. For more information about the President’s Challenge or PALA, visit www.presidentschallenge.org.
The EA SPORTS Active franchise defines a new era of interactive fitness with customized fitness programs that deliver real results. EA SPORTS Active is the highest rated interactive fitness program for the Wii, and was recently proven to be an effective workout as measured against the American College for Sports Medicine (ACSM) guidelines.* * Source: metacritic.com as of September, 2010
** According to a study conducted by Dr. John Porcari of the University of Wisconsin
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- USTA awarded millions in 2014
- Elshorbagy is 2015 ToC champion
- Rodriguez claims Motor City Open 2015
- Hestley earns PTR Master of Tennis
- HEAD extends partnership Djokovic
- Ashe to PTR Hall of Fame
- 90 seconds can change everything
- Wilson releases Rush Pro 2.0 shoe
- Key industry conferences set for March
- Johnston named USTA Pro of the Year