PTR International Symposium Set for February
Hilton Head Island, SC — Professional Tennis Registry (PTR) will hold its annual International Tennis Symposium, February 19-24, 2011, at PTR Headquarters on Hilton Head Island, South Carolina.
The Symposium attracts nearly 1,000 tennis teachers and coaches from more than 50 countries. Many of the tennis industry’s most notable speakers including Leo Alonso, Mike Barrell, Doug Cash, Pat Etcheberry, Don Henson, Anne Pankhurst, and Dr. Bryce Young will be among the more than 50 presenters who will conduct classroom and on court presentations. Subject matter ranges from tennis business to tactics to injury prevention and treatments. There is also a special high school coaches’ tract that will be held over President’s Weekend.
Teaching pros show off their playing skills at a tournament, held in conjunction with the Symposium. The Symposium also offers a Tennis Trade Show where 45-plus organizations and companies, such as, Gamma, HEAD/Penn, and Playmate, exhibit their new product lines, latest technologies and services. Product demonstrations will be conducted on an adjacent demo court.
For complete information and registration, visit ptrtennis.org/events/ptr-week
PTR is the largest global organization of tennis teaching professionals with more than 14,000 members in 121 countries. It has the greatest percentage of multicultural and women members of any such organization. PTR is dedicated to educating, certifying and servicing tennis teachers and coaches around the world in order to grow the game.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- PTR on board with Coach Youth Tennis
- Agassi, Sampras, and Lendl honored
- Babolat: The legendary experience of the Majors
- Esguerra named PTR WI Member of the Year
- Burke named PTR GA Member of the Year
- Pugh receives PTR USTA Community Service Award
- Blouin named PTR Int'l Master Professional
- Godreau named PTR MS Member of the Year
- Van B. Stafford named PTR OH Member of the Year
- GAMMA Glide is revolutionary