PBI Staffed-Sites Rank in Top 50
In Tennis magazine’s bi-annual ranking of the Top 50 Tennis Resorts in the United States, Peter Burwash International(PBI) the world’s most successful tennis management firm, has six of its properties listed including two in the Top 10.
The magazine notes in its criteria for selecting the elite group, “It comes down to such things as ratio of pros to players to clinics, ratio of courts to guests, cost of court time, plus a few intangibles like dependability and respect for the game .Our final selection also factors in such attractions as comfort, amenities, dining, spas and other diversions.”
Placing in the Top 10 for PBI and spanning from coast to coast, the Naples Grande Beach Resort in Naples, Florida is ranked #8 and immediately followed at #9 by Desert Springs - A JW Marriott Resort & Spa in Palm Desert, California.
After the Top 10 the magazine lists all other resorts in alphabetical order. Those resorts with tennis programs managed by PBI are:
- Carmel Valley Ranch in Carmel, California
- The Lodge at Ventana Canyon in Tucson, Arizona
- Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa in Rancho Mirage, California
- Ritz-Carlton Half Moon Bay in Half Moon Bay, California
“The fact nearly one out of eight resorts recognized have their tennis programs directed by Peter Burwash International is a reflection of our never-ending commitment to provide outstanding service,” said Peter Burwash, President of PBI. “It is another testimony to why we have been in business for thirty-five years.”
The next such ranking by the magazine will be in 2012.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- Rinaldi named U.S. Fed Cup Captain
- K•Swiss appoints Miringoff global DoT
- Grand Harbor to host charity tourney
- McInerney named 2016 ITA award winner
- Ashaway introduces Rally 21 Fire string
- Successful 2016 for Head tennis
- Play tennis for life
- Smashers take win in NBL thriller
- Langridge to feature at Sports Park
- Murray ends 2016 as No. 1