Pennetta Ends the Year at No. 1
Flavia Pennetta capped a dynamite doubles season with a title win at the WTA Championships in Doha and finished the year ranked #1 on the WTA Tour Doubles rankings with partner Dulko.
“It feels amazing!” said Pennetta. “2010 was great to me and I amped for an even more successful 2011 with BLX.”
Pennetta will be playing with the new Wilson Blade 98 Pink BLX racquet starting in January. The Wilson Blade 98 Pink continues the heritage of the Blade Series and adds an aggressive yet feminine styling for players who place a premium on feel and control for every position on the court.
“The Blade 98 has helped me reach career highs,” said Pennetta, the first Italian female to reach the Top 10 on the WTA Tour in singles. “And now having this great racquet with BLX technology and in a color that every girl loves, it’s just perfect.”
Flavia Pennetta will debut the Wilson Blade 98 Pink BLX in Sydney on January 10th.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- ITA HoF to induct four
- Collins, Shane headline Invitational
- Free tennis clinic in Central Park
- Academia Sánchez-Casal int’l program
- Harrison and Gibbs named MVPs
- TIA HoF to induct Scott & Kraft
- TIA tennis forum in NYC
- HEAD Penn grassroots partnership
- Introducing the Tecnifibre T-Fight DC
- PENN named ‘official ball’ of LPRT