Venus Williams Serves up Fun for Gamers
Target Entertainment Properties today announced the launch of Venus: The Case of the Grand Slam Queen, a first-person, downloadable casual game, in which players take on the role of noted tennis superstar Venus Williams. Developed by Action Games in collaboration with, and featuring the voice of, Venus Williams, the game challenges players to find hidden objects, solve puzzles and collect clues to discover the motive and identity of a mysterious stalker who follows Venus throughout her stay in London without risking the outcome of Venus’ game play and charity fashion show.
“I am very excited to participate in making an interesting and fun new game that provides people with an insider’s view on my life’s passions,” said Venus Williams. “It’s my hope that Venus: The Case of the Grand Slam Queen will be a game that players will enjoy, as they assist me in solving the mystery.”
Venus: The Case of the Grand Slam Queen features:
- 14 chapters in an exciting mystery adventure
- 20 hidden object challenges and other casual fun puzzles to be mastered in the quest to solve the Case of the Grand Slam Queen — a total of 48 varied games
- 2 game modes: story mode and mini-game mode
- Facts about Venus Williams and the sport of tennis to satiate the appetites of fans and non-fans alike
- Voiceovers by Venus Williams herself
- Journal to assist in collecting substantial clues that will help unlock chapters and assist the player to progress through the storyline
“As longtime fans of Venus Williams, we were honored to be chosen as the publisher for her game,” said Vernon Lee, partner at Target Entertainment Properties. “We are certain that this game will have a broad range of appeal to casual gamers, tennis fans and sports enthusiasts Venus: The Case of the Grand Slam Queen is available now on Big Fish Games.
About Target Entertainment Properties
A Delaware company, Target Entertainment Properties was founded by a team of games industry veterans and sports celebrity managers with over 40 years of collective experience in business development, games licensing and marketing. The company is focused on creating quality games and entertainment based on celebrity IP.
About Action Games
Action Games was founded by serious games professional Greg Merril in 2008 to produce best-of-breed interactive media. The company has created games for the iPhone®, Windows®, Macintosh®, Xbox 360(rm), Nintendo DS™, Wii™, PlayStation® 3 and PlayStation® Portable. Over the past 20 years, Merril has earned an international reputation as a leading innovator in interactive media production, and Action Games has garnered numerous awards, including the New York Festival Grand Prize for Interactive Media, CES Innovation of the Year in Gaming, and Reader’s Digest America’s 100 Best Gaming Technologies. For more information, please visit actiongms.com
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- Fowler wins 2015 'Tennis Media Award'
- Drysdale Tennis launches foundation
- TV coverage of the clay-court season
- 'Try Tennis Free' campaign seeks growth
- Increase in hybrids driven by 'poly pain'
- USTA breaks ground in Lake Nona
- Team USA honors renowned coaches
- Blackman new GM, USTA Player Development
- Djokovic captures 5th Miami title
- Nominate an outstanding facility