USPTA Auction Raises More Than $6,500
The United States Professional Tennis Association raised $6,627 from its silent auction held at the USPTA’s Tennis Buying Show during the World Conference on Tennis from Sept. 27- Oct. 2, at the La Quinta Resort and Club in La Quinta, Calif.
During the silent auction, attendees had an opportunity to bid on a variety of items, including:
- Andy Murray-autographed racquet, courtesy of HEAD/Penn
- Bryan Brothers-autographed racquet, courtesy of Prince
- Two tickets to the 2011 U.S. Open, courtesy of USTA
- Louisville Slugger pink bat, courtesy of Hillerich and Bradsby Company
- The auction benefits the USPTA foundation, which through grants supports various programs in the community that help to grow tennis and bring the game to those who might not otherwise have the chance to play.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- Babolat presents connected tennis
- adidas Roland Garros Collection by Y-3
- CopperWynd announces new Director of Tennis
- ITA secures partnership with Oracle
- Ashaway introduces ZyMax 62 Fire
- Tecnifibre launches ‘Young Guns’ contest
- More facilities offer 'Try Tennis Free'
- Tennis Channel adds two new shows
- Pros attend Cardio Tennis Trainer Summit
- PlayTennis.com gets key upgrades