USPTA Auction Raises More Than $6,500
The United States Professional Tennis Association raised $6,627 from its silent auction held at the USPTA’s Tennis Buying Show during the World Conference on Tennis from Sept. 27- Oct. 2, at the La Quinta Resort and Club in La Quinta, Calif.
During the silent auction, attendees had an opportunity to bid on a variety of items, including:
- Andy Murray-autographed racquet, courtesy of HEAD/Penn
- Bryan Brothers-autographed racquet, courtesy of Prince
- Two tickets to the 2011 U.S. Open, courtesy of USTA
- Louisville Slugger pink bat, courtesy of Hillerich and Bradsby Company
- The auction benefits the USPTA foundation, which through grants supports various programs in the community that help to grow tennis and bring the game to those who might not otherwise have the chance to play.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- U.S. to host Slovak Republic in Davis Cup
- Jamba Juice and Venus announce expansion
- Tennis Channel to cover Davis Cup QFs
- Esurance sponsors Azarenka
- PTR and PlayYourCourt sign agreement
- Schedule set for Pro Circuit Wild Card Challenge
- Har-Tru introduces 'Be One with the Clay'
- Murray book released in the US
- Longoria extends tournament wins to 32
- Djokovic wins Indian Wells