TIA's Muir Confirmed for 2nd Term
Jon Muir will remain on as president of the Tennis Industry Association for a second term, following recommendations from the TIA Board of Directors and its Executive Committee, to help see through platforms and projects under way that help support growth for tennis and industry businesses.
“I’m happy to continue our collective, ongoing efforts supporting the three platforms we have been developing: increasing the number of frequent players, measuring and impacting more clearly the economic growth of the collective tennis industry, and developing our communication channels to distribute clear, consistent messaging about our industry and most importantly about tennis and the reasons to play,” Muir said. “While we continue to build on the outstanding contributions and strong efforts of so many over the years, we have also just started in some respects to build more clearly our direction in these three key areas—to affect growth for us all in the years ahead.”
Muir’s decision to remain as president took place during the TIA Board of Directors meeting held in New York City during the 2010 US Open and signifies a strong commitment by industry partner organizations to TIA goals and initiatives, according to Jolyn de Boer, the TIA executive director. Muir, whose second term will continue through Dec. 31, 2012, is the worldwide general manager of Wilson Racquet Sports.
The TIA is the not-for-profit trade association for tennis, made up of tennis businesses that cross all sectors of the industry, including manufacturers, court builders, teaching pros, facilities, retailers, professional tours, media and organizations, such as the U.S. Tennis Association.
TIA also welcomed three new members to its Board of Directors during the recent board meeting in NYC:
- Gordon Boggis is the CEO of Prince Sports Inc., based in Bordentown, N.J. He has been an executive in the sports and fitness areas for many years, including senior management positions with Dunlop Slazenger Group.
- Greg Mason is the Vice President of Sales and Marketing for HEAD Penn Racquet Sports, based in Phoenix, Ariz. Mason has spent more than 25 years in the sporting goods industry in senior management roles, including with Reebok USA and Puma North America.
- Meredith Poppler is the vice president of industry growth for IHRSA-International Health, Racquet and Sportsclub Association, based in Boston. She has represented IHRSA since 1992 and holds a dual degree in marketing and finance from Syracuse University.
Also on the Tennis Industry Association Board of Directors are: Stacey Allaster, Sony Ericsson WTA Tour; Eric Babolat, Babolat; David Bone, U.S. Racquet Stringers Association; Kevin Callanan, IMG; Linda Clark, ATP World Tour; Tom Cove, Sporting Goods Manufacturers Association; David Egdes, Tennis Channel; Don Galliers, SportMaster Sport Surfaces; John Graham, DecoTurf; Tim Heckler, U.S. Professional Tennis Association; Kurt Kamperman, U.S. Tennis Association; Ilana Kloss, World TeamTennis; Kai Nitsche, Dunlop Sports Group; Dan Santorum, Professional Tennis Registry; Mark Stenning, International Tennis Hall of Fame; John Welborn, Lee Tennis Products; and Jeff Williams, Tennis Magazine.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- Tennis Channel live at Western & Southern Open
- Tilton to receive ITA Achievement Award
- WTT Smash Hits coming to London
- McEnroe and Courier to compete in the DR
- USTA, Greenbergs to get kids active
- NetSuite Open returns to San Fran
- Maui Jim helps officials at W&S Open
- ITA announces new Division I format
- Tennis Show celebrates business
- USTA Foundation receives Coca Cola grant