Black Enterprise Celebrates 40th Anniversary
CARLSBAD, Calif. — BLACK ENTERPRISE, along with host Pepsi, will mark a truly historic milestone this Labor Day weekend—the 40th anniversary of Black Enterprise magazine. The highly anticipated celebration is expected to attract nearly 1,000 of the nation’s most notable black professionals, business executives, and entrepreneurs to this year’s Black Enterprise/Pepsi Golf & Tennis Challenge, Sept. 2-5, at the La Costa Resort and Spa in Carlsbad, CA.
Guests will be ushered though 40 years of history, BLACK ENTERPRISE style, with four exclusive nights of festivities and entertainment from the 1970s to 2010. The event offers an exclusive opportunity to play in the footsteps of the masters at La Costa Resort’s PGA Championship 18-hole golf course, enjoy a match on one of the hard or clay tennis courts, and unwind at one of the largest and most popular spas in the country.
Highlights of the 2010 Black Enterprise/Pepsi Golf & Tennis Challenge:
- Four nights of VIP entertainment from the 70s, 80s, 90s and the present, featuring performances by Big Daddy Kane; Doug E. Fresh; El DeBarge; MC Lyte; and Ron Isley & the Isley Brothers.
- Special events hosted by Cedric The Entertainer, CSI: NY star Hill Harper, Undercovers actor Boris Kodjoe, Law & Order’s Anthony Anderson, and The Event star Blair Underwood.
- Tributes to BLACK ENTERPRISE Titans and the NEXT 40 Gala
- 3 full rounds of competitive tournament golf, Friday-Sunday
- Golf academy, one-on-one lessons, and 9-hole beginners golf tournament
- 3 days of competitive or noncompetitive tennis play
- Tennis academy, beginners tennis tournament, Friday-Sunday
- Spa services and treatments at La Costa’s world-renowned 400-acre garden oasis
- Health workshops, cutting-edge fitness classes, shopping excursions, and the Zone Gaming Lounge, featuring pool, foosball, air hockey, and XBOX.
The Black Enterprise/Pepsi Golf & Tennis Challenge is proud to celebrate 17 remarkable years of providing a first-rate golf, tennis, and spa experience. Since 1994, the event’s unique combination of business and leisure annually draws 1,000 top corporate executives and notable African American entrepreneurs from around the country. This year’s event is hosted by Pepsi and presented by Aetna, American Express, Frito-Lay, Gatorade, Infiniti, Quaker, and Tropicana. Platinum sponsors include American Airlines, Microsoft, and Polo Ralph Lauren. Tourneau and U.S. Virgin Islands Economic Development Authority join us as 2010 corporate partners.
For more information visit blackenterprise.com/gt.
BLACK ENTERPRISE, your ultimate source to build Wealth for Life, is the premier business, investing, and wealth-building resource for African Americans. Since 1970, BE has provided essential business information and advice to professionals, corporate executives, entrepreneurs, and decision makers. Every month, BLACK ENTERPRISE magazine provides 4 million readers with information on entrepreneurship, careers, and financial management. A multimedia company, BE also produces television programming, business and lifestyle events, Web content, and digital media. BLACK ENTERPRISE is the definitive source of information for and about African American business leaders, personal finance, careers and small business. Visit blackenterprise.com for more information.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- USTA and Deloitte announce relationship
- The Bay Club to honor Patel
- USTA names Mahoney to new position
- Pant named National Director at Life Time
- Ashaway SuperNick ZX Micro
- USPTA and SportMaster unite
- Anderson receives Service Award
- HEAD Penn to partner with Cliff Drysdale
- USTA NE names official travel partner
- Ivanovic joins Playsight